Complaint Review: Priority Payment Systems

• Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: Jooles — Kaiser Missouri
Priority Payment Systems
Po BOX 246 Alpharetta Georgia, Georgia United States of America

Priority Payment Systems Nick Korthals Representative. Withheld funds, Will not return calls, Recorded incorrect information about our company impacting the with holding of our funds for weeks . deducting charges fours times greater than stated. Alpharetta Georgia , Georgia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Agent being referenced

Last year a Nick Korthals a rep from another company that we had our Credit card processing with called us and said he was going  out on his own with a new company. Promised we would have a better deal for us. He had been very helpful in the past and his customer service was great so we went for it. He processes us through Priority Payment systems. We do approx $12- $30 thousand a month in CC Sales. with our average sale around $500- $3000

Most of our clients are only here once or twice a year so we KEY  not swipe 95% of our business.  The rep Nick either deliberately did not disclose this to the company or made an error and reversed the figures. Three weeks into using the company they stopped  all payments to us and held them. In the 3-4 weeks it took to  get these funds returned to us we had to send home staff, and could not order materials for manufacturing goods. Basically it halted us. This was our working capitol. We were on the phone and email daily until this was resolved . The rep would not return a call or an email at all.

I immediately switched back to our previous company and  they re calibrated our machine and we have never had a problem with them.

NOW they will not cancel the account even though they have been deducting 3 payments a month of $35, $41.95 and $41.95 since September. This was supposed to be a minimum usage fee of $25.00.  I had the card stopped at the  bank when they would not call me to  discuss this despite my 5 emails requesting them to do so.  I did get an email saying pay
$650 as an early cancellation fee . I had already paid much more than that out and told them it was time they stopped that they had had quite enough from me.

I did not get a trail period to use them which i think should be  industry standard. So basically if you don't like there service too bad your stuck with it. Now they are sending me a  Bill saying it is going to collections for $66 with no explanation of what it is for and this is the first i have even heard of it. I am furious. They are lucky i did not sue them for closing us down in the busiest period of the year- they basically  held my working capitol.

All I want is for them to leave me alone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priority-Payment-Systems/Alpharetta-Georgia-Georgia-30009/Priority-Payment-Systems-Nick-Korthals-Representative-Withheld-funds-Will-not-return-cal-1042439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priority Payment Systems

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Agent being referenced

AUTHOR: Agent at firm - ()

Hello, I am the agent who signed this account up and is being referenced above. I would like to say that I had been working with these clients many many months prior to this and the relationship was good to start (I was an agent who was able to get there accts approved despite many underlying issues). There are basically 3 issues being referenced above and while I do not appreciate my name being dragged through the mud when I represent many individual merchant accts and there owners with 100% integrity and honesty, I also understand that this is an educational error whereas the business owner is unwilling to accept any responsibility and place all blame on me, when in reality the simple fact is everything that has taken place aside from the drafted and signed agreement (drafted by me signed by her and her husband)was out of my control yet all exceptions and considerations have been made.

1. Funds being withheld. This is very untrue. What happened is simple the merchant signed up for a swiped account the application said swiped they told me swiped and they signed the application agreeing it was a swiped account. Now when they went ahead and started keying in all of their transactions yes risk became involved and yes they held those transactions for verification. However risk did very very quickly and in a professional manner. Make an exception and wire these business owners all the money all with in 9 total days of issue arising not 3-4 weeks like referenced above (which is a total exaggeration). The issue occurred on the 10/09/12 and on 10/18/2012 all funds were wired to owner, however it would have been 4 days sooner but merchant changed mind on some funds as she had customers give her check or cash.
  2. Rep not emailing or calling: I always get back to my clients and with in that nine days I had spoken with and emailed this client several times. All in attempts to explain and resolve. I am the one who pulled strings to get the funds wired and released so quickly. (which is not an easy task. All my calls and emails were answered or met with swearing, yelling, rude remarks and very much so unprofessionalism.  I am all for helping but I am not going to continue to call to just be threatened or screamed at for something I had no control over. Those types of attitudes accomplish nothing .  Also they called there old company which is another account with me, that I set up for them the difference you ask, there was nothing misrepresented on that agreement by the business owners. (however it is a more expensive account which is why we moved them in the first place).
  3. Finally the billing monthly fees: This merchant signed a 3 year contract and upon all of this happening the account was adjusted so that they could key everything in with no problems at all and run as many cards as they want with no future problems at all, as we are just trying to help. But the merchant instead went back to old provider after telling us that by rushing the wire we could keep her business. And then,  Just stopped processing on her acct. Now since they signed a 3 year contract they are still responsible for their monthly fees and Early Termination Fee which were again (clearly outlined on their contract in black and white very simple.) So yes the monthly cost of the account continued, but I would like to say that the merchant is complaining about fees in sept when the issue didn’t occur till Oct?. Just like when they switched to us the old providers monthly costs were still taken. As far as them wanted to be left alone, let me just say that this merchant was unreasonable from conversation one with this slight issue and was on a constant harassment of myself and my team. Then as you see here 6 months later almost a half year goes on here and still drags my name through the mud despite the fact that I’m the reason they received funds do quickly . Also April fees were never paid as the bank account was closed. So after 6 months on a 36 month contract we have waived all cancel fees and even issued a refund on this account of $167 for monthly fees paid. The outstanding balance was also waived.

Bottom line is we bent over backwards to make this work release funds, waive fees, credit monthly fees, fix the account, waive outstanding balances and yet here they are dragging us through the mud.  There is nothing further we could have done on this account. We acted in good faith and in the end made major exceptions and waived many if not all costs associated despite the fact that this was a 36month agreement and in the end the business owner still continues to try and damage our reputation.