Complaint Review: Privacy Matter

• Updated: Sat, October 16, 2010

• Reported By: Verne Asbury — Elwood Indiana United States of America
Privacy Matter
, Connecticut United States of America

Privacy Matter Stole my identity and made charges to a Credit Card for 3 consecutive months; without authorization. None given, Connecticut

Our credit card statement has had an unknown charge on it for 3 consecutive months. When we called the "800" number they claimed we had signed up for a "free credit report." Then WHY were we charged if it was FREE? When I called the number to investigate, they told me that my wife signed us up for this, which she has no knowledge of doing. This company needs to be reported and stopped from making unauthorized charges for services that are never delivered.  We have not asked for an online credit report, and certainly have not received one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2010 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matter/-Connecticut-/Privacy-Matter-Stole-my-identity-and-made-charges-to-a-Credit-Card-for-3-consecutive-mont-651763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matter