Complaint Review: Privacy Matters 1-2-3

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2007

• Reported By:Ashland Oregon
Privacy Matters 1-2-3
privacymatters.com Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Privacy Matters 1-2-3 Took money from my account without permission. Omaha Nebraska

My wife and I noticed a fee of $29.95 + $1 that was taken from our bank account this month. We noticed this due to the fact that it ended up over drawing our account. After investigating the number associated with these fees we found a website for privacymatters.com. Upon calling them to find out what the company was and why we were losing money we found out that they are an identity theft company (ironic) /credit score callculator.

The representative I talked to was willing to give me back the $29.95 + $1 fees that were taken out this month and even offered to look at the over draw fees they were responsible for and reimburse them if I faxed the information over. I did. After asking how long this has been happening (keep in mind we never noticed these fees before and we don't check our accounts ALL the time with a fine toothed comb) we discovered that for the last 5 months (6 with this one) we have been charged $29.95 +$1 EACH month.

This is the first I have heard of this so of course I asked to be reimbursed for those fees as well. After a very lengthy discussion I was told that I will not be getting any of that money back, because we didn't discover the fees soon enough. Apparently there was a "welcome to our website" e-mail that we recieved, but neither my wife nor I can actually find that message.

To be very frank we never signed up for this companies services and now they won't give the money back to us that they STOLE. This can't be even close to legal, can it? I am going to talk to my bank this afternoon, but I have very low hopes at this point.

Jeris
Ashland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2007 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-1-2-3/Omaha-Nebraska-68114/Privacy-Matters-1-2-3-Took-money-from-my-account-without-permission-Omaha-Nebraska-288599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters 1-2-3