Complaint Review: Privacy Matters 123 - Public Records - Online People Search

• Submitted: Tue, July 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 15, 2008

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Privacy Matters 123 - Public Records - Online People Search
PrivacyMatters123.com Sacramento, California U.S.A.

Privacy Matters 123 - Public Records - Online People Search Did a public seearch charged for unwanted credit report Sacramento California

Trying to locate a relative, I used a web site, PublicRecordsNow.com. I found the information I wanted and gave my MasterCard information, to be billed $2.95. This charge showed up on my account as OnlinePeopleSearch for $2.95, the next day.

A week later my card was billed for $19.95 for a credit report I did not order, and have not received, by a service called Privacy Matters 123. (the irony is that I had just order a free credit report from one of the major credit bureaus)

When I spoke to Privacy Matters 123, they explained that my visit to PublicRecordsNow.com was the reason for the charge (that I did not authorize) and that my account would be credited in 2 business days.

I have since revisited public records now, looking for some small print that indicates that by using the site I was also agreeing to pay for other services (a credit report), I found none.

I have not yet seen the credit.

S.
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2008 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-123-Public-Records-Online-People-Search/Sacramento-California/Privacy-Matters-123-Public-Records-Online-People-Search-Did-a-public-seearch-charged-f-351553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters 123 - Public Records - Online People Search