Complaint Review: Privacy Matters 123

• Updated: Thu, June 11, 2009

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
Privacy Matters 123
www.privacymatters.com Internet U.S.A.

Privacy Matters 123 It appears I have fallen victim of this scam from Privacy Matters Internet

I was reviewing my Visa statement - getting ready to pay online - when I noticed a charge of $24.95 from Privacy Matters. I didn't know what Privacy Matters was so I looked it up. Why would I sign up with another credit reporting agency when I already belong to one and perfectly happy with them? After reviewing other victims statments on Ripoff Report a few mentioned they may have been directed to Privacy Matters from Classmates.com

I belong to Classmates.com, however, I have not been their website recently and know I haven't paid for any services with this particular card. On May 19 I did go on a web site called - Peoplefinders.com and had paid for a transaction using this particular card. The charge was posted on 5/19 from Peoplefinders - the charge from Privacy Matters was on 5/21. How I was directed to this Privacy Matters I have no idea. I don't recall ever seeing a pop up for it or any other information that would make me go to their website.

I believe I have fallen victim to the Privacy Matters scam from Peoplefinders.com I will be looking to contact Privacy Matters to get this issue resolved and will be contacting my credit card company to dispute this charge as well.

Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2009 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-123/internet/Privacy-Matters-123-It-appears-I-have-fallen-victim-of-this-scam-from-Privacy-Matters-Inte-460879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters 123