Complaint Review: Privacy Matters 123

• Updated: Wed, August 13, 2008

• Reported By:Omaha Nebraska
Privacy Matters 123
privacymatters.com Internet U.S.A.

Privacy Matters 123 Privacy matters 123: Credit card # phishing, Manipulative adds Internet

I'm not even sure what Privacy Matters sells. My membership was a result of a misdirecting pop-up advertisement. I thought I was signing up for a free copy of my credit report. I never had any interest in becoming a member of Privacy Matters. When I realized my mistake I immediately called to cancel my membership. For some reason, my cancelation never went through and a few weeks later a $20 charge showed up on my credit card.

I called the phone number that was printed on the cc charge and after several attempts, was able to speek to a customer service rep. Whoever I spoke with on 8/12 assured me that the $20 dollar charge would be refunded within a few days, but we'll see. I never got any type of refund confirmation.

Again, I never wanted anything to do with this company and I have never received any products or services, so as far as I'm concerned, that charge is fraudulent.

G
Omaha, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2008 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-123/internet/Privacy-Matters-123-Privacy-matters-123-Credit-card-phishing-Manipulative-adds-Interne-362550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters 123