Complaint Review: Privacy Matters 123

• Updated: Tue, July 08, 2008

• Reported By:Eustis Florida
Privacy Matters 123
privacymatters123.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Privacy Matters 123 Billed account even though cancelled during trial period Internet

I signed up for privacy matters under the advertised 7 day trial and found the credit reports hard to read and was just generally dissatisfied with the advertised price. so I canceled my membership via the 877 number provided within the 7 days allotted and received an E-mail confirming my cancellation with assurance that I would not be billed.

I was however billed 3 days later. After sending a complaint E-mail about the charge, they replied with yet another confirmation that my membership had been canceled and another assurance that I would not be billed with another 877 number attached for customer service.This number did have a live person (Kathy) who plainly informed me that when I signed up with privacy matters credit monitoring comes included at 29.95/mo and I only canceled my membership and had to cancel the credit monitoring program separately. ? huh?

I double checked all of the correspondence from them and nothing indicated that I was enrolled in two different programs nor was there any way to cancel my supposed credit monitoring program since the original contact number was specifically (Compuvoice) for the primary membership. It was only after I was actually billed was I provided with a human contact number to cancel this account.

BTW: Kathy was very frustrating to communicate with even though she sounded American I don't think she understood a word I said.

Jeffg
Eustis, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2008 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-123/nationwide/Privacy-Matters-123-Billed-account-even-though-cancelled-during-trial-period-Internet-348898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters 123