Complaint Review: Privacy Matters Identity And Intellius

• Updated: Sun, July 06, 2008

• Reported By:Downingtown Pennsylvania
Privacy Matters Identity And Intellius
www.intellius.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Privacy Matters Identity And Intellius Used Intellius and was tricked with a monthly bill from Privacy Matters Identity Omaha nebraska

Last Jan. I used intellius.com - no complaints with their service at the time, but they are definately involved in promoting a scam. I paid off my credit card in Jan and added one large unrelated charge which I was paying on auto bill pay so not paying attention to my card statments - my fault on that. I went online to pay the total off on my bill and notice a monthly charge from PMI that I didn't recognized. When I called the company - I spoke with an agent named Chris - ID # 14833 first. He told me that I had responded to a $10 off coupon with Intellius and had signed up for their service by accepting the $10 off with Intellius.

When I contested it he said that they had asked me to click online and respond to a variety of questions to confirm that I knew what I was signing up for. I asked him for examples - he said they were generic survey questions. I continued to press for examples and the one he used was - "Do you use gift cards?" I asked if I had ever used the service - answer: "NO". I asked if they had ever said anything like..by clicking this coupon, you have enrolled in a monthly service and will be billed $19 a month? " He said no.... I eventually got to a supervisor - Marco ID #19206 who said he would credit me for 4 months - that leaves 2 months that they got me for and my credit card company says there is nothing they can do past 4 months. This is a total rip off and if you ask me, intellius should be prosecuted for promoting this scam as clearly as PMI should.

I believe that Intellius is as guilty as PMI and is probably getting a big commission on all the people they trick into this. We'll see if I get the credit posted to my account.

Downingtown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2008 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-Identity-And-Intellius/nationwide/Privacy-Matters-Identity-And-Intellius-Used-Intellius-and-was-tricked-with-a-monthly-bill-348017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters Identity And Intellius