Complaint Review: Privacy Matters Identity - Intellius.com

Intellius.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-840-6301
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

Privacy Matters Identity - Intellius.com Unauthorized Charges to my credit card Internet

I used the Intellius company for the very first time to get a simple report on an individual. First off, they had me believing I was getting a 'detailed' report for 19.95 and I thought that was a good deal.

Once I paid for it with my credit card, I had instant access to the report. The part I didn't understand was the report listed exactly what I had just looked at FOR FREE! So I basically paid for the same exact free report I had just been viewing.

Instead of getting upset and demanding a refund, I simply chose to pay it and told myself I just wouldn't use this company again. I paid the credit card charge when it came in.

Today I received my next credit card statement and low and behold I was being charged for a membership in a company called PrivacyMattersIdentity.com. I called them and they immediately offered to cancel the account and remove the charge to my Credit Card. I will check with my Credit Card Company on that one.

BUT, I am very concerned that my Credit Card Number and my name and address will be used again. I have called my credit card company to place delivery restrictions on the use of that Credit Card.

Linda
Tybee Island, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2008 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-Identity-Intelliuscom/internet/Privacy-Matters-Identity-Intelliuscom-Unauthorized-Charges-to-my-credit-card-Internet-343249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters Identity - Intellius.com