Complaint Review: Privacy Matters Identity (pmidentity.com) And Intellius

• Submitted: Sat, October 25, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, October 25, 2008

• Reported By:San Jose California
Privacy Matters Identity (pmidentity.com) And Intellius
P.O. Box 5152 Des Plaines, Illinois U.S.A.

Privacy Matters Identity (pmidentity.com) And Intellius Used Intellius to b/ground check lost relative = charged by PMIDENTITY.COM = fraud! Des Plaines Illinois

I used Intellius.com to search for family members. Intellius provided a good tool for locating relatvies but not more than 45 days after the Intellius search there were charges made against my credit card for a company called PMIDENTITY.COM which I had never heard of before.

I have several recurring charges on my credit card so it went un-noticed for about 4 or 5 months until there was very little activity on my credit card.

It was at this time that I noticed the recurring charges each month for the amount of 19.95$ (US) and immediately called my credit card company and cancelled the card and reported the fraudulent activity.

It is my opinion that my credit card number was either stolen by PMIDENTITY.COM or it was illegally given to PMIDENTITY.COM by Intellius. In either case the fraud report to my credit card company should draw some attention to this practice.

In the mean time I have had 99.75$ (US) stolen from me and my CC is now cancelled so I feel as if I was violated twice by PMIDENTITY.COM

I must say that I won't soon use the Intellius site again for background checks and locating lost relatives.

San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2008 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-Identity-pmidentitycom-And-Intellius/Des-Plaines-Illinois-60017-5152/Privacy-Matters-Identity-pmidentitycom-And-Intellius-Used-Intellius-to-bground-check-l-384775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters Identity (pmidentity.com) And Intellius