Complaint Review: Privacy Matters Identity

• Submitted: Wed, October 24, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, October 24, 2007

• Reported By:Elizabeth Arkansas
Privacy Matters Identity
www.privacymatters.com Des Plaines, Illinois U.S.A.

Privacy Matters Identity - Intellius.com - Privacy Matters 1-2-3 Charged my account without consent! Des Plaines Illinois

I used the Intellius company for the very first time to get a simple report on an individual. First off, they had me believing I was getting a 'detailed' report for 7.95 and I thought that was a good deal.

Once I paid for it with my credit card, I had instant access to my report. The part I didn't understand was the report listed exactly what I had just looked at FOR FREE! So I basically paid for the same exact free report I had just been viewing.

Instead of getting upset and demanding a refund, I simply chose to let it slide and told myself I just wouldn't use this company again. I got the information I wanted anyways, so I'd just let it go.

I received an email shortly after I got my report from Intellius, from Privacy Matters, saying I accepted an offer to check my identity theft report, etc. At first I considered this junk mail and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Being I didn't sign up with anything from Privacy Matters I had no clue what it was.

I purchased my report on the 11th of October. I checked my bank statement today and they charged me 14.95 from Privacy Matters Identity. My statment transaction only said pmidentity so I googled the name and found Privacy Matters.

I found a similar report on here about them doing the exact same thing they did to me to someone else. I decided to call and have it taken care of. I talked with a lady right away and explained to her that I was charged for something I didn't sign up for.

She told me I signed up for the Identity Theft Protection, etc. and I told her the only thing I wanted and paid for was the report. Then, she asks me 'What would you like me to do with your account?'

Duh!! I told her I wanted my 14.95 refunded to my account and any membership I may have somehow been signed up for, cancelled immediately. She informed me I would receive a credit in my bank account within 2 business days.

I received an email afterwards confirming the cancellation of the membership. I'm glad it was taken care of, however I won't know for sure until I see the refund within a few days, but even if it is simple to get my money back, are they going to use my information and charge me for something else? All I can say is, never again will I use this company or any similar company!

Elizabeth, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2007 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-Identity/Des-Plaines-Illinois-60017-5152/Privacy-Matters-Identity-Intelliuscom-Privacy-Matters-1-2-3-Charged-my-account-withou-280615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters Identity