Complaint Review: Privacy Matters Identity

• Updated: Mon, June 23, 2008

• Reported By:piscataway New Jersey
Privacy Matters Identity
www.privacymatters.com Internet U.S.A.

Privacy Matters Identity - Applied for credit report for $1, was enrolled to 3 subscriptions for $63/Month. Internet

I signed up to get a credit report for $1 froma company called Privacy Matters. After entering my credit card info, Im led to a series of pages that didnt go anywhere. There was nowhere to cancel, no confirmation email, and I never even got my credit report. I wasnt too bothered it was only $1. Big mistake, I had just given my credit card # out and they enrolled me in 3 subscriptions at $29.95+$1, 29.95+$1, and $1 totalling $63/month. This was back in January 08.

They have charged me for the last six months under a name called PMIdentity.com. I use several online subscriptions so I had overlooked this charge till today. They have charged me excess of $300 for absolutely nothing. When I called customer service today. Rosie, from customer service offered to reverse the current months charges but refused anything else. She said it was my fault that I didnt uncheck the boxes, if there were any, or didnt cancel within 7days. She said they emailed me a detailed email with all the information how to cancel, so It was my fault that I didnt follow instructions provided to me. I contacted my bank but they will only reimburse upto 60 days. Im still out by over $180+

Sandeep
piscataway, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2008 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-Identity/internet/Privacy-Matters-Identity-Applied-for-credit-report-for-1-was-enrolled-to-3-subscriptio-343279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters Identity