Complaint Review: Privacy Matters Identity

• Reported By:Durango Colorado
Privacy Matters Identity
www.privacymattersidentiy.com Internet U.S.A.

Privacy Matters Identity Signs you up without you knowing it Internet

I ordered a report from Intelius.com and at the end of the purchase process, there was a short survey. Apparently, filling in the survey signs you up for the Privacy Matters Identity service, although this wasn't obvious in the flow of the original order. I only saw that I had been registered when my credit card bill came (they must have gotten my credit information through Intelius and that order).

While they easily canceled my account and credited me the bill, if I hadn't checked my credit card bill carefully, I would have paid 19.95/month for a service I didn't want, or even know I had. Signing up for a billed service should be obvious and not hidden in some other process. There should be regulations about this. Who knows how many people are getting billed each month for this service.

Durango, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2008 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-Identity/internet/Privacy-Matters-Identity-Signs-you-up-without-you-knowing-it-Internet-342134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters Identity