Complaint Review: Privacy Matters Identity

• Updated: Mon, June 23, 2008

• Reported By:Berkeley Lake Georgia
Privacy Matters Identity
Nationwide U.S.A.

Privacy Matters Identity Charged my account $19.95 three months in a row with a slightly adjusted name. Is definately a fraudulant transaction.

This fraudulant organisation Privacy Matters, charged my account three months in a row without authorisation.
What baffles me is that all the banks know about this fraudulant organisation, my bank even supplied the telephone number so that I could phone them and try and get the charges reversed. Surely the banks can black list companies like this so that all transactions would be rejected, saving consumers time, money and frustration.

I cannot trust my credit card anymore and am going to have cancel the card with the bank.

I did speak to a representative of Privacy Matters and they assured me that my account would not be charged again, however they were not willing to re-imburse me the charges for the previous two months. I then spoke to the supervisor of Privacy Matters who only agreed to the re-imbursement after I told her that I would be pursueing this with my bank in the morning and would not rest until all monies were returned to me.

It will be interesting to see if the 2 months of fraudulant charges are actually returned to me or it was an easy way to get me off the phone.

This experience has seriously damaged my trust in the internet as the Privacy Matters website has the VeriSign Secured at the bottom of the page. It will be a long time until I use the internet for any purchases with my credit card.

Mark
Berkeley Lake, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2008 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-Identity/nationwide/Privacy-Matters-Identity-Charged-my-account-1995-three-months-in-a-row-with-a-slightly-a-343410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters Identity