Complaint Review: Privacy Matters - Privacy Matters 1-2-3

• Submitted: Tue, May 08, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2007

• Reported By:Shenandoah Iowa
Privacy Matters - Privacy Matters 1-2-3
Privacy Matters 1-2-3; Box 5152 Des Plaines, Illinois U.S.A.

Privacy Matters - Privacy Matters 1-2-3 Internet Fraud SCAM ripoff Des Plaines Illinois

*Author of original report: Privacy Matters did it again

You've all seen the TV ads--"Click here for your FREE credit report from all 3 credit reporting agencies". Well, DON'T believe them!! It's not "free" by any means. Tonight I found TWO charges on my credit card from PRIVACY MATTERS and/or PRIVACY MATTERS 1-2-3 that were unauthorized by me.

Their website did not even have a clear/reset button to erase any information about yourself once you found out that it did, indeed, cost to get a "FREE" credit report. The transaction listing on my credit card had not only 2 listings, but 2 telephone numbers (from Connecticut, though they are really in Illinois) and 2 account numbers.

To top it off, the email form to Privacy Matters 1-2-3 did NOT even include all 50 states!! When I tried to send it to them, it kept telling me to "Select a State." When I counted them, I noticed that Hawaii and Iowa were not covered. This, to me, is FIRST CLASS INTERNET FRAUD.

Janice
Shenandoah, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2007 09:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-Privacy-Matters-1-2-3/Des-Plaines-Illinois-60017/Privacy-Matters-Privacy-Matters-1-2-3-Internet-Fraud-SCAM-ripoff-Des-Plaines-Illinois-247658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters - Privacy Matters 1-2-3

Privacy Matters did it again

AUTHOR: Janice - (U.S.A.)

Privacy Matters did it to me again!! After my credit argued with them for almost 2 months to get my refunds, I looked last night at my credit card's recent transactions, and found yet another withdrawal without my consent. The cute part is it says the transaction date was April 24, but it was not posted until July 16!!

I can't contact them, because it seems they do not consider Iowa to be one of the 50 states--at least the 2 letter code for Iowa is not in their drop-down menu in the form you have to fill out. The FTC will be my next option--Internet Fraud is against the law.