Journal

• Submitted: Tue, June 13, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 05, 2008

• Reported By:Whitwell Tennessee
Privacy Matters / Privacy Matters 1 2 3
freecreditreportsinstantly .com Internet U.S.A.

*Consumer Comment: Privacy Matters - Privacy Matters 1 2 3 ripoff, fraudulent, dishonest, billing, online, no confirmation freecreditreportsinstantly.com Internet

Hello, I'm pissed off. I'm not easily taken for an idiot. As a matter of fact, I like to stay as invisible as possible, if that say's anything.

Okay, here's my story to help you better understand the situation. I've had credit problems and been through both chapter 13 and chapter 7. I'm not proud of it, but it was the only thing I could do at the time. Now I'm trying to move and I need to know what is exactly on my credit report.

This is what happened. I know there is something called a free credit report, so I start looking on the net to find out how I could obtain one. Lo and behold, google brought up several on the search engine and Privacy Matters was one. I wanted to know what was in all three major credit bureaus and 3-in-1 Credit Report (Privacy Matters) looked like the best candidate after checking out different web sites.

Like I said, I'm not easily taken advantage of, but I bought in to Privacy Matters; LITERALLY. They promissed a free credit report for a one time fee of $1 and that I could cancel membership within 7 days to avoid the $30 mothly fee. Okay, that sounded legitimate, so I continued. I gave them my information, submitted it, and never got a confirmation email.

Thinking I did something wrong, like an idiot, I did it again and still no email. I kept on searching and came across this web site after doing a search for Privacy Matters. I will be calling the company on canceling my membership and for a refund, as well as my bank and there will be a block put on this fraudulent company as well as any subsidary.

Everybody gets caught and they will pay dearily. There are to many complaints for it to go on much longer. I'm just glad I came across this site before it went on any further

Frank
Whitwell, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2006 01:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters-Privacy-Matters-1-2-3/internet/Privacy-Matters-Privacy-Matters-1-2-3-ripoff-fraudulent-dishonest-billing-online-no-196141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters / Privacy Matters 1 2 3

AUTHOR: Elaine - (U.S.A.)

I am having problems with this company also. i have tried to call and all I get is a computer asking for all kinds of numbers. Duh if I had your service I would have them.I did a dumb thing and tried to get my husband's credit report we were trying to buy a house at the time. AOL had an advertizement for it I figure $1.00 is not going to hurt,yeah right.Report they sent was my father in laws who has passed away.

Computer went down it crashed, so we packed it up to move to the house we bought. No sense fixing it now.

Got a call from the bank about the charges $1.00 maybe.

But we got hit for that $1.00 3 times so far $9.99 once some kind of savings plan
and $29.95 twice.

They have a charming computer system that don't let you through it does all the talking. (Guess they don't like human contact).

As I said it asks for all kinds of numbers and when you don't have them you are sunk, which I don't.

Would love to get my money back, don't know how other than fraud charges and getting the police involved.

With my computer down between the crash and moving I would love to know how it was done.
Oh Yeah the final kicker, I am out of all that money and have no way of getting it back.