Complaint Review: Privacy Matters

• Updated: Tue, October 28, 2008

• Reported By:Tulsa Oklahoma
Privacy Matters
Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Privacy Matters I did a reverse cell phone search with Intelius for $14.95. They signed me up for some service from PM Identity without my knowledge. My credit card card was automatically charged $19.95 for 5 months without my consent Chicago Illinois

I did a reverse cell phone search with Intelius for $14.95 to see if it was a new number for this man who was stalking me. They signed me up for some service from PM Identity without my knowledge. When I accidentally learned that there was a strange charge on my checking account, I called the Bank, and they gave me the contact information I needed.

I called Intelius and did get through to customer service and they agreed to credit my account for the current month only. They had charged me $19.95 for five months. I still don't know what the service was for. It doesn't matter because I never wanted the service or to spend more than the $14.95 that it cost for my information. I called the 800 number for privacy.com and disputed the charges. They refunded me for the 5 months and claimed that my information was taken off of their database.

I am still very alarmed of how this could happen. At the very least something seems to be misleading us into not realizing we are signing up for something.

Brady
Tulsa, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2008 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters/Chicago-Illinois-60631/Privacy-Matters-I-did-a-reverse-cell-phone-search-with-Intelius-for-1495-They-signed-me-385714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters