Complaint Review: Privacy Matters

• Updated: Thu, February 19, 2009

• Reported By:San Jose California
Privacy Matters
privacymatters.com Internet U.S.A.

Privacy Matters Company Who Claims to Protect You From Identity theft, Steals Your Money! Internet

I checked my bank account online and noticed 4 charges of $19.95 from Privacy Matters. I had NO idea who they were, so I called customer service of my bank, Bank of The West. The man I spoke with found a phone number and asked to call to see what they would say. If I wasn't satisfied, I had to call the bank back and they would have to cancel my debit card, issue me a new one and file a charge against the company.

I called the number that the Bank of The West gave me and the rep for Privacy Matters basically said she would cancel my membership and refund the last charge, but not the other 3. So, basically I would lose 59.85, which I really can't afford. When I asked how they are able to charge me, they said that I had enrolled through Classmates. com, which I never did! I told her that since they weren't willing to reimburse me, my bank would be filing a charge on my behalf.

I called the bank right back and the woman who helped me canceled my debit card so that they will no longer be able to charge me, issued me a new card that I will get in about a week, and filed a charge against the company. I will receive an affidavit that I have to sign and return.

This company is making millions, I'm sure. Some people don't pay much attention to their accounts. Someone should file a class action suit on this company. I had 2 overdraft fees on my account because when Privacy Matters took money out, other debits bounced so I am charged $32.00!

It's ridiculous and I have no clue HOW they are still allowed to operate.

Marlene
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters/internet/Privacy-Matters-Company-Who-Claims-to-Protect-You-From-Identity-theft-Steals-Your-Money-426084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters