Complaint Review: Privacy Matters

• Updated: Tue, July 26, 2011

• Reported By: finkers08 — genoa city Wisconsin United States of America
Privacy Matters

Privacy Matters Credit card charges Internet, Internet

I was looking at my bills and I have a monthly chage of 30.00 which I thought was the kids internet games.  I decided to google it and discovered it is a place called Privacy Matters.

I obtained a phone number through their website and called them.  It asked for my member ID number which I didn't have and never did. A women got on the phone and I explined I have had charges on my credit card that I am unsure of what they are and I asked what they did.

She could not give me an explination of what there company does except I have been a member since March of 2008.  I am sure you can do the math.  I instantly got upset and asked that my money be refunded.  She told me she would refund the current charge of 30.95 and she would file a request for the aditional funds.

I called back again to see if there was another supervisor I could talk to that could explain how they got my information.  They proceded to tell me that I had gone to Intelius.com and did a free trial of their company.  What I learned is that these two compainies work together.  Share information.  I toldher I never signed up for this and I told her I never recieved any emails or mail from them she responded that it probably was in my junk.

While on the phone with her I opened up my email and because I havent cleaned it I had about 15,000 emails and I showed nothing not even in Junk.  She apologized and said she would make sure to get the request over to Consumer affairs and I would get a response in 2 to 3 days.

This morning at 10 I got a decline letter.  With a nember on the bottom if I had any questions.  I called and got a voice mail.  It said we are here monday thru Friday 8 to 4.  Leave a message and some one will contact you in 7 business days!

You had the option to press 0 to speak with some one but it only disconnects you.  I called the main numbe and asked how I was so quickly declined but they cant return my phone call for 7 days.  I got no answer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2011 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters/internet/Privacy-Matters-Credit-card-charges-Internet-Internet-756595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters