Complaint Review: Privacy Matters

• Updated: Thu, July 30, 2009

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Privacy Matters
www.privacymatters.com Internet U.S.A.

Privacy Matters, Privacy Matters123, Privacy Matters Identity, family Safty Report Unordered, unexplained charge of $19.95 showing up on my bank statement for the past 3 months. Internet

My wife who pays the bills asked me about a reaccuring charge on my credit card for $19.95 from Privacy Matters for the last 3 months. I told her I had never heard of them. The first couple of months she thought it was someting I had purchased and didn't realize it was a reaccuring charge. Finally she realized that the charge was monthly for the same company and that is when she asked me about them.

I had to look them up on line to find out who they were. I not only didn't purchase a credit report from them, I had never heard of them. My wife takes care of the bills and I don't see the bill unless their is question on them. I would never order a "Credit Report". I have no interest in one and never wanted one in my life, but if I did I would get it directly from the credit company for free.

The have stolen nearly $60 from me now without my knowledge and they have never sent by email a reciept for there charges or conformation of ordering their service which goes to show you they pulling a scam. A legitimate company would email a signup confirmation and email reciepts. What I can't understand is how they have not been closed down yet. Why are they still stealing from unsuspecting people on the Internet.

Their website has no addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses or customer service to contact them by. That should tell you something. They have very careful to make sure you can't contact them.

Rick
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2009 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters/internet/Privacy-Matters-Privacy-Matters123-Privacy-Matters-Identity-family-Safty-Report-Unorder-474924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters