Complaint Review: Privacy Matters

• Updated: Sun, January 18, 2009

• Reported By:Castle Rock Colorado
Privacy Matters
www.privacymatters123.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Privacy Matters - Privacy Matters 1 2 3, Unexpected charge of $19.95 twice per month No City Connecticut

Upon receiving my credit card statement for the month of December, I noticed 2 charges for $19.95 which I did not recognize. I immediately contacte my credit card company. They canelled my card and are issuing me a new 1. They will send me a form that I'll complete regarding these unexplained charges.

After speaking with my credit card company, I checked my activity on my card for the current, as yet unbilled, month. And sure enough there are again 2 more unexplained charges fro the same 2 companies; PM Identity and also Privacy Matters, who I later learned are the same company. I renotified my credit card company about these 2 additional unexplained charges, and they asked me to include them on the form that I'll receive from them (credit card company) challenging the costs.

I then decided to call 1 of the 2 1-800 numbers on my credit card by the company charging me these unexplained fees. After a fairly long wait, a lady answered my call. She told me that I registered when I signed up for Classmates. I asked her if it seemed reasonable for me to sign up twice for 1 credit card. At that point she offered to cancel my subscription, which I wasn't even aware that I had done. I told her I didn't really care because the card was cancelled and I was challenging the 4 bogus charges. I was then put on hold.

Do not trust PRIVACY MATTERS and their multiple names.

Roger
Castle Rock, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2009 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters/nationwide/Privacy-Matters-Privacy-Matters-1-2-3-Unexpected-charge-of-1995-twice-per-month-No-Ci-413566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters