Complaint Review: Privacy Matters

• Updated: Wed, March 25, 2009

• Reported By:Marysville Washington
Privacy Matters
privacymatters.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Privacy Matters Privacy Matters advertises to protect you --BUT THEY ARE THERE TO STEAL YOUR MONEY Internet

My husband joined Classmates.com early in Dec. Somehow by doing that a company called Privacy Matters got his credit card and have been billing us $19.95 for the last 4 months. I just caught it and called them thru a number I found on the internet for their website 1-877-993-6264 They were very friendly and apologetic at first and said they would be glad to cancel our membership - but only for the current month. I said how did we get the subscription in the first place and was told it was thru an internet offer on Classmates.com. I said we had never received any membership information. How could they "protect" us if they didn't even have our phone number or social security numbers? I said I wanted proof that my husband had signed up for the membership. I was put thru to a supervisor who was also friendly and apologetic but she said she could not refund our money for the last 4 months but would be glad to cancel our membership and refund for the current month only. I said I wanted proof of our membership and she said someone would call me in 2 to 3 weeks. Yeah - right!

I then called our credit card company - American Express. They say they will give us a credit for the 4 months and charge it back to Privacy Matters. Not all credit card companies are as easy to work with as American Express and I feel bad for those who can't get their money back from this RIP OFF by Privacy Matters.

Marysville, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2009 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters/nationwide/Privacy-Matters-Privacy-Matters-advertises-to-protect-you-BUT-THEY-ARE-THERE-TO-STEAL-YO-437484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters