Complaint Review: Privacy Plus - 24Protect Plus - Galleria USA, - CreditCheck - Freecreditreport

• Submitted: Fri, January 23, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, January 23, 2004

• Reported By:44870 Ohio
Privacy Plus - 24Protect Plus - Galleria USA, - CreditCheck - Freecreditreport
www.dealpass.com, www.privacyplus.com , Connecticut U.S.A.

Privacy Plus, 24Protect Plus, Galleria USA, CreditCheck, Freecreditreport.com ripoff! Fraudulent billing, unauthorized billing, no recourse for reimbursement. Internet Connecticut

I purchased a credit report from www.freecreditreport.com and that seems to be where the trouble started (see previously reported copy of message below).

I see 3 UNAUTHORIZED - $1.00 charges on my account. I tried to call the 3 places and three phone numbers (which turned out to be the same voice messages). I did not get a real person at any time. I disputed with my card company which adjusted my accound on 1/13/04. On 1/19/04 there were these charges which I again put in a dispute with my card company:

M02*Privacy Plus, 877-500-5774 for $134.95
M02*Galleria USA, 888-256-3056 for $14.95
M02*24Protect Plus, 877-500-5754 for $134.95

Incidentally my credit card company asked if I had clicked on any pop-up boxes while purchasing my credit report.

Previously reported:
I purchased a credit report and ended up getting a thirty day "free" trial of a credit monitoring service. I cancelled it right away. But 30 days later I was charged 79.95 anyway.

I called when this happened and ended up calling three times. I was given the run-around each time. The people were very argumentative and meaner with each phone call. Needless to say I didn't get my money back. I filed a dispute with my bank and cancelled the card.

Also, because of this purchase, 3 other companies "credit privacy, protection, etc.", possible affiliated, charged my account approx. 280.00 in three separate charges which are also being disputed.

Chris
Sandusky, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2004 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Plus-24Protect-Plus-Galleria-USA-CreditCheck-Freecreditreport/Connecticut/Privacy-Plus-24Protect-Plus-Galleria-USA-CreditCheck-Freecreditreportcom-ripoff-Frau-77927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Plus - 24Protect Plus - Galleria USA, - CreditCheck - Freecreditreport