Complaint Review: Privacy Plus Protection

• Updated: Wed, October 22, 2008

• Reported By:Chateauguay Quebec
Privacy Plus Protection
www.privacyplus.com Internet U.S.A.

Privacy Plus Protection Fraudulent web site-not equifax related-dishonest advertising Internet

I have been somewhat lax in the past few months when checking my account statements. When I did check my VISA card on-line I noticed that there was a debit amount for $29.95 for Privacy Protection, so I called my credit card company to inquire. They told me that this was being debited from my account since July, 2008! Then it hit me, I went on-line to check my credit report and had filled out an on-line application to recieve my credit file over the internet, it was a fraudulant site that had resembled EQUIFAX!!!! They give you an access code that they say will be to verify your credit file, but when I went to check on Equifax it did not work!!! I have notified all branches of creditors-Equifax, Transunion, and Experion. They flagged my credit file for six years in order to protect me from future unwanted identity theft.

Chateauguay, Quebec

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2008 06:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Plus-Protection/internet/Privacy-Plus-Protection-Fraudulent-web-site-not-equifax-related-dishonest-advertising-Inte-383628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Plus Protection