Complaint Review: Privacy Protection Plus

• Reported By:Anonymous Other
Privacy Protection Plus
privacyplus.ca Internet Canada

Privacy Protection Plus Free trail = no membership welcome = charges Internet

Signed up for a free trail to know my credit score. The free trial indicated that after 15 days it would automatically subscribe you to thier premium services. After entering my credit card number I did not recieve an email with login info etc. from the company (not even in my trash) and did not hear anything till the charge on my account.

The company does not have a phone number on their webpage or an email contact. So I decided to wait a day to see if the email will come late. After waiting a few days I assumed there was a problem with my browser and they never recieved my info. Totally forgot about it afterwards.

Charge showed up on my account. But I did not notice it till the second charge. I had to call my credit card provider to get thier contact info. They did refund my second months charge - but were not willing to refund the first months charge even though they knew I did not use their service. My fault for not looking over my credit card statement clearly on the previous month.

A good service such as fico in the United States first off has you confirm your email before making any charges to your account! These guys did not even send me an email - it didnt even show up in my trash! They should really have a way to confirm they recieved your info.

Do not subscribe to their services (I dont even know what they do!)- they are quick to push you off to the internet which contains no contact info. I had to pretend I was using an old school dial phone just in order to get on the phone with them (since I have not even recieved a membership log in with them).

MJ
Anonymous
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2007 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Protection-Plus/internet/Privacy-Protection-Plus-Free-trail-no-membership-welcome-charges-Internet-260185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Protection Plus