Complaint Review: Privacy Protection Plus

• Updated: Tue, November 04, 2008

• Reported By:London Ontario
Privacy Protection Plus
privacyplus.ca Internet Canada

Privacy Protection Plus Free trial never worked but started charging my credit card monthly Montreal Internet

Tried to do a free trial for credit report but it did not work. Since I used a 'garbage catcher' email to sign up for the free trial, I never checked nor acknowledged their email. It wasn't until I called them to cancel the charges after I noticed 3 monthly charges for $29.xx that they told me I had acknowledged an email. That is not true! They said they would cancel the latest charge but not the first two months.

I have also filed a report with my credit card company to dispute these charges that I did not agree to.

The more people that make this complaint, the better the chances are that a class action suit could be raised since however they are creating these mythical memberships is surely fraudulent and certainly unethical.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Hope no one else gets burned.

Larry
London, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2008 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Protection-Plus/internet/Privacy-Protection-Plus-Free-trial-never-worked-but-started-charging-my-credit-card-monthl-387819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Protection Plus