Complaint Review: Privacy Protection, Privacy Plus, Privacy Protection Plus,

• Updated: Mon, November 24, 2008

• Reported By:Mississauga Ontario
Privacy Protection, Privacy Plus, Privacy Protection Plus,
www.privacyplus.ca Montreal, Quebec Canada

Privacy Protection, Privacy Plus, Privacy Protection Plus, Abort, Scam, Rip-off Con Artists Montreal Quebec

I cannot recall what site I was on, but there was a link to free credit report from Equifax. I clicked on it, and it asked for name, address, credit card number and all that..how dumb of me, but I really thought I was on the Equifax web site, so once I entered the info, I got a confirmation code to use for finding the credit report in my email. I checked my email but all I got was an email from membersavings@a.privacyplus.ca which stated my account info and for me to log in. I did that and realized that this had nothing to do with Equifax. I called their number immediately 1-800-459-6415 and asked for my memebership to be cancelled. The agent whom I was speaking with was extremely rude and hung up on me for no reason what so ever. I call back and got an equally rude individual, who stated that my memembership has been cancelled already.

Not being satisfied, I immediately called my Mastercard and told them what had happened. They told me that this company has already been checking into my account, so not to take any chances, we cancelled the credit card and I am getting a new one sent in the mail for me with a different number. If you have gone to the point where I have, I strongly encourage you to do the same and call you credi card company to issue you a new card.

What a SCAM! I am lucky that they did not bill me, as I called within minutes. Other people were not and will not be so fortunate, so I hope my story here helps you.

Alex
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2008 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Protection-Privacy-Plus-Privacy-Protection-Plus/Montreal-Quebec/Privacy-Protection-Privacy-Plus-Privacy-Protection-Plus-Abort-Scam-Rip-off-Con-Artist-394466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Protection, Privacy Plus, Privacy Protection Plus,