Complaint Review: PrivacyMatters - PMIDENTITY.CO

• Submitted: Tue, March 03, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 03, 2009

• Reported By:santa fe New Mexico
PrivacyMatters - PMIDENTITY.CO
PO Box 5152 Des Plaines, Illinois U.S.A.

PrivacyMatters - PMIDENTITY.CO - Intelius.com is a scam Des Plaines Illinois

On 2-27-08 I used www.intelius.com to look up a phone number with the understanding the fee was $2.95. I used my credit card. I thought that was the end of the transaction. Today on 3-3-09 (over a year later) I noticed a charge for $19.95 on my credit card statement every month starting on 3-6-08. The company name on my statement is PMIDENTITY.CO and they list their number as 888-840-6301 (earlier statements list the number as 800-436-0817). I called and asked why they've been billing me. The man said I signed up for this "service" when I claimed a $10 off coupon when using intelius.com, and that the service was free for 30 days after which I would be billed unless I cancelled the service. I asked what service they've been providing me and the man said I never got a service because I had never set up my account, however they still billed me $19.95/month.

I don't remember getting emails from them with information on how to set up the account or what service they provide.

This is obviously a shady business. Yes shame on me for not checking my statement monthly, and for apparently not seeing the fine print on the intelius website but this is bad business.

I was told they did not provide a service to me. I should not have been billed $19.95/month for a service I did not receive. The man also said it was free for 30 days, however I used intelius on 2-27-08 and was charged $2.95, then PMIDENTITY.CO started charging me $19.95/month staring 3/6/08 - 9 days later.

I submitted a complaint with BBB of DC (they apparently also have an office there), and with www.ic3.gov. I encourage you to do the same. And never use intelius.com.

Rio
santa fe, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2009 11:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PrivacyMatters-PMIDENTITYCO/Des-Plaines-Illinois-60017-5152/PrivacyMatters-PMIDENTITYCO-Inteliuscom-is-a-scam-Des-Plaines-Illinois-430564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PrivacyMatters - PMIDENTITY.CO