Complaint Review: Privacyplus - Memberworks - MyatHome

• Updated: Sun, February 15, 2009

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
Privacyplus - Memberworks - MyatHome
www.privacyplus.ca Internet Canada

Privacyplus - Memberworks - MyatHome was at a trans union site and redirected to their site after giving info for credit report Internet

I initially was responding to a free credit report ad from trans union.After entering my info
I was somehow redirected to their site and given a confirm number that did not work .I called the 800 number listed and was told it would take a few minutes and that if I had trouble logging in to call back.I called back and number was suddenly disconnected.

I went back to the privacy plus site and read the contract which stated you needed to e mail to cancel.If you did not cancel by email it was invalid and you would be billed monthly and then automatically renewed yearly.My email was sent back to me for being an "illegal host".When I called them to complain they answered and said that my member number was invalid and hung up' I called my credit card company and get this I was billed within ten minutes of the scam.They said they know about this company and put in a dispute,I then called the trans union fraud line to flag my account.Further searching also show they are affiliated with MyatHome.ca

Toronto, Ontario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2009 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacyplus-Memberworks-MyatHome/internet/Privacyplus-Memberworks-MyatHome-was-at-a-trans-union-site-and-redirected-to-their-sit-424472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacyplus - Memberworks - MyatHome