Complaint Review: Privacyplus - Memberworks

• Updated: Sun, February 15, 2009

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
Privacyplus - Memberworks
P.o Box130 Stn B Montreal,, Quebec Canada

Privacyplus - Memberworks scammed when applying for free credit reportand billed for amusement park deals Montreal, Quebec Canada Internet

I entered my info for a free credit report and it didn't show up.I waited and received a confirm number which I was supposed to use to get the report,it would not log in so I called the phone number.

They told me I would have to wait a few minutes as they were really busy and that if I had a problem to call back.I then looked at the contract provided and it said that I had signed up for discounts at amusement parks etc and that to cancel I would have to do so by Email only.If I did not cancel they would continue to bill me monthly and then automatically renew my membership yearly .When i tried to email them my mail was sent back with the explanation of"illegal host/domain.

I tried to call them back and they said they had no record of my being a member yet it had been charged to my credit card within ten minutes.

The credit card company advised that I dispute the charge as they were aware of this company.They said if you dispute it they will not resubmit but to keep an eye on my future statements.

Toronto, Ontario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2009 08:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacyplus-Memberworks/-Montreal-Quebec/Privacyplus-Memberworks-scammed-when-applying-for-free-credit-reportand-billed-for-amuse-424481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacyplus - Memberworks