Complaint Review: Private Fleet

• Submitted: Sun, March 13, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 09, 2005

• Reported By:dekalb Illinois
Private Fleet
800 Circle Drive Dekalb, Illinois U.S.A.

Private Fleet, unfare DUI Ripoff! Dekalb Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Your'e kidding right?

*Consumer Comment: It's slightly funny

*Consumer Suggestion: um yeah I am a commerical fisherman in Alaska

*Consumer Suggestion: What is not to believe????

*Consumer Comment: This is sarcasm

*Consumer Comment: SpringBreak?

*Consumer Comment: is this a joke??? Do you really think that getting a DUI is a rip-off?

*Consumer Suggestion: These people are as fake as fake can be. They have no idea of the trucking industry or how it works.

*Consumer Comment: update on chris he is still going to try for his old job becuse if he is not charged with DUI

*Consumer Suggestion: Very few truckers would ever do this. I suspect this is bogus.

*Consumer Suggestion: NOT only you can not spell but you think drinking and driving is okay.

*Consumer Comment: Heeeeyyyy....easy folks....

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: it wasnt all my fault

*Consumer Comment: Were you drunk when you typed this?

*Consumer Suggestion: idiot, you was drinking and driving and you was driving a 18 wheeler

I was in Ohio and stopped for a beer and a burger. I bought a 13 pack of beer (Miller Lite) and went out to my K-Whopper and drank it. I had to go about 3 miles down the road and got pulled over by A Smokey Bear. He found the empty beer cans in my truck and i blowed a .155. The company fired me over this. They put me under a lot of stress and that is why I was drinking. My log was 2 days behind because they wouldn't get me home. Whatever U do, don't drive for any companies that do this. i just can't figerwe out why they fired me. I can havndle a lot more beers than them. They also told me that my kitty cat couldnt ride anymore but other drivers get to have passengerss.and thake thems truks to the junkyard/ If we would all go on strike, maebe we could get it so we can enjoy some bhears after work. If I would have been in a 4wheelr the somkey would have let me go.

Chris
dekalb, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2005 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Private-Fleet/Dekalb-Illinois-60115/Private-Fleet-unfare-DUI-Ripoff-Dekalb-Illinois-134842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Private Fleet

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Your'e kidding right?

AUTHOR: Paknightdriver - (U.S.A.)

This has to be a joke right? You were drinking and driving in a commercial vehicle and can't understand why you got fired? I hope for the rest of us you NEVER get to drive a big rig again. Stressed out or not you have got to show some restraint. There is no excuse for what you did. PERIOD!!!!

It's slightly funny

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I think this guy is just posting a bogus thread. You can tell by the obviously intentional poor grammar and descriptions of what he's doing. It's actually a bit funny. Reminds me of the "Cable Guy"......"Git 'er done"! People should not take this thing as anything more than a bad use of a website to try to be a comedian.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

um yeah I am a commerical fisherman in Alaska

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

I am a commerical fisherman in Alaska and have been thinking of getting into truck driving. I think I'm going to; because most of the bad things that have been said about trucking are from whiners therefore have no negative influence on my decision. Chris, use your own knowledge here, people who drink or use drugs do end up in the ditch and they aren't all truckers. Using beer to relieve stress is just plain stupid, unhealthy and a sign of weakness. To stay awake, you must eat right (bring the food with you and keep it in a cooler), and drink lots of water; your body will adapt and you won't have to take multiple piss breaks, this will keep you awake and the energy levels are phenemonal*.

If I can do this on a 46' boat with a cooler to keep my foods cool then I'am sure you can do it in a truck, not to mention strectching and basic workouts when you wake up. I work 20 hour days from spring to fall and this is all possible from working out and eating right with out becoming to drowsy or unable to perform my job correctly and safely. Trucking obiviously isn't for everyone and I hope you can find a job that is more fitting to your personal life. A little hint for you; research your next decision for work before jumping into it. Know the laws and regs and what to expect.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

What is not to believe????

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Tell me what is there not to believe? That a truck driver would not drink and drive, or use drugs to stay awake? How do you think all those trucks end up upside down in the ditch in the middle of the night? It wouldn't because they fell asleep at the wheel because their too stupid to get off the road when they get tired, because the poor things, their company's forcing them to run? Hell read the reports on here, everybody tells their company the way it going to be because the company needs you not the other way around. RIGHT? So it must be the four wheelers fault then, if not it leaves booze or drugs!!
In the years that I spent on the road, it seems like about all I heard was how bad drivers have it. Either the DOT was picking on them or the warehouse or their dispatch or their old lady was leaving them. You take your pick. If you got it this god damm hard why don't you get another job out of truck. Trust me, you will still make enough money to live on. You won't have sit for two days waiting on a load only to make 50.00 dollars a day layover, and then why you're sitting waiting, you watch people leaving work to go home and have a life. Eat their dinner with their family and watch some TV in their family room, and then go to bed and get laid (and not by their hand.)
Get out of the truck and go too back too school. Get your associate degree. You can do it with by taking a few night classes a week at your community college for a few years. Do it now and in a few years you will be done instead of still telling people how bad you have it 10 years done the road! Trust me the trucking company's are not going to change, they haven't yet.
On another post that I saw on here, somebody said that a truck driver is like a sewer worker in that they both move shit for a living only the sewer worker gets to go home every night.
So to answer Cd - Asheville, North Carolina question, no this is not a joke thread or trying to make you look bad. You don't need me to do that!

This is sarcasm

AUTHOR: Cd - (U.S.A.)

or a serious attempt to make truckers and whatever look bad by some idiot on a computer. If ROR is legit they should delete this entire post. Paul and others nailed it. This guy is an idiot and a fake.

AUTHOR: Kris - (U.S.A.)

How can you think this a joke?? This is my friend's job we're talking about. I don't drive a big rig yet but hope to join you fine educated guys soon. I saved up my supply a piss bottles that I can fill up and throw NEXT to trash cans (not in them), I have also ripped all my sleeves off my shirts and am working on my sloppy beer gut now. I am learning how to bend my C.B. antennas forward now.

I will probably only have to drive for a couple of years cause I will make so much damm money, then I'll only drive because I want to not, cause I have to. I cant wait to tell my stories about the time I dumped my load of cheese on the ground at grocery warehouse because they would not receive it, or tell about the time the cops pulled me over just to ask me how fast I was going and I'll tell them "hell I still had another gear to go" or he just pulled me over to see what I had under the hood.

And it will be so much fun to complain to everybody about how hard I have it but will not do anything about it to change it. I can't wait. What a life.

As for Chris he is really trying to get his job back because they are screwing him around, and Paul you and I both know that prime could give a crap if you're drunk or not, just as long as you are breathing!! I'm sure you've seen more of their trucks with their tires in the air then on the ground.

They will just change their name again when the they have too many accidents. So don't be so quick to judge unless you have been in chris's shoes.

SpringBreak?

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I suspect it's springbreak and the kiddies are out of school and playing on the computer.

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

This sounds like someone pulling my leg. Do you really think that getting a DUI is a rip-off? Especially if you're drunk and behind the wheel?
No beer is sold in 13 packs. Drinking that many beers in a 3 mile trip is also unbelievable. So sorry old boy, you are full of crap. Next time think of a better story to tell. One that is believeable would be a good start!

#13 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

If you drink and drive in a commercial vehicle, it's a mandatory suspension. You may also face jail time in many states.

You will be fired from your job immediately. NO company will hire you for a minimum of 7 years. Even then, they will pass you over.

You can't buy your own truck, because nobody will sell you insurance to run it. No insurance means no DOT numbers or registration. No company would give you a load to haul.

Six accidents? Same thing. Nobody will give you a truck. Nobody will insure your truck.

Prime Transportation hauls refrigerated food products. Sometimes you get $250,000 in frozen hamburgers or TV dinners. Does anybody honestly think that a food company is going to hand that kind of money over to a drunk? Not a chance in hell!

This idiot and his loser friend can't even spell truck.

The only truck he's likely to see is a rusty pickup with a blown motor and two flat tires.

AUTHOR: Kris - (U.S.A.)

i am tyiping this for chris because he is back on the road for prime and dosnt hace have the time. he talked to jumbo at the truck stop and jimbo told him that they dont care if you drink just dont get caught and if you drive try not to be too drunk.ha ha chris will have too go back to ohio for court and mabey get the charge reduced butt he dosent know yet, but when he told his old company that, the asses still will not take him back becuse they say that he has had to many accdents. (6 in the last year) thats messed up. one wasnt even his fault, the 4 wheller slamed on his brakes, butt he got charged with anyways."following to closely" he is still going to try for his old job becuse if he is not charged with DUI then how can they hold that against him???????????????

#15 Consumer Suggestion

Very few truckers would ever do this. I suspect this is bogus.

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

I'm sure there are a few bad apples that drink or drug in an 18 wheeler. But, they are few and very far between.

First, you are drug tested when you are hired. Then, you are random tested.

Here's how the random works. Anytime, day or night, you can be sent a message to report to a location for testing. It's completely random. If you're tested today, you can be tested again next week.

You never know when it's coming. This is required by federal law.

You get no time to sober up. You leave right now, and piss within the hour.

So, anyone who is using will be caught and terminated. All drivers know this.

I read this when it first appeared. I figured it's bullshit. So, don't get the impression that all truckers are drunks or druggies. It's just not the case.

#16 Consumer Suggestion

NOT only you can not spell but you think drinking and driving is okay.

rite<----? correct spelling is *RIGHT*

NOT only you can not spell but you think drinking and driving is okay.

if the company was stressing you,thats time to put in a 2 week notice!! and find a better job with less stress.

and if your wife was Complaining, make her get up and get a job to help with bills!!

but if your not hititng it someone else was in your place when you was on the road...... HE LEFT HIS SHOES UNDER YOUR BED......SO THE PAIR OF SHOES YOU FOUND WAS NOT YOURS"

MICROSOFT SELLS A AWESOME PROGRAM CALLED MICROSOFT WORD YOU SHOULD INVEST IN IT.IT HAS A AWESOME SPELL CHECK THAT WOULD CORRECT YOUR Spelling Mistakes.......

Heeeeyyyy....easy folks....

AUTHOR: Adolph - (U.S.A.)

Wow! Everyone's piling on Chris. Cut him some slack. He's using the contemporary, accepted excuse for his problems: Namely, "blame someone else".
Anyone following today's current events has doubtless taken note NO ONE ever takes responsibility for their actions. It's the "in" thing to do.
His rationalization of his own stupid acts fits the above profile perfectly.
And let's get another issue straight. Chris' not an alcoholic,they go to meetings. By his own attestation, he's a drunk and proud of it.
To be honest, Chris belongs on a scooter or moped. Anyone over 20 or so in this area riding one normally indicates a loss of driving priviledges, usually by means of DUI.
A drunk drivimg a semi? Now THAT"S scary! To add to the terror, Chris sounds like he isn't exactly the sharpest pencil in the box.
Not to worry though. Chris has explained his current dilemma is beyond his control and exclusively the thoughtless acts of others.
a

#18 UPDATE EX-employee responds

it wasnt all my fault

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

i know i did wrong butt i tolds my dispatcer that i didnt want to go back out ands i waz going to a party saturday knight but he said that he didnt kare about that and it was not his G.D. problem. he knew i was stressed out and i been drinking befour becose of to many miles every week and my old lady was giving me crap about never being at the house. they whould not even tri to work with me. i not saying that what i did was rite butt they need to tak some of the blame too. it wasnt like i was all the way drunk and i was gonna pull over to slept. they whould not even tri to work with me. know my dac report will be runied also!!

Were you drunk when you typed this?

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

Chris,

Were you drunk when you typed this report? I didn't know that Miller Lite sold beer in a "13 pack". Also, if you only had to go 3 miles down the road, why not wait to drink that beer when you got to your destination? Then maybe you'd still have the job that you hated so much, or been able to find another one.

#20 Consumer Suggestion

idiot, you was drinking and driving and you was driving a 18 wheeler

hello Mr idiot!

you was drinking and driving and you was driving a 18 wheeler witch is really Dangerous to other peoiple on the road.what if you would have hit a another car and that car had family and kids in it? you would have killed someone you moron.

but you can not understand why they fired you? THINK ABOUT IT YOU WAS DRINKING AND DRIVING PROBLY AGINST COMPANY POLICY.

SO YOU COME HERE AND POST THIS STORY AND SAY THE COMPANY WAS STRESSING YOU? THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS TO DEAL WITH STRESS INSTEAD OF DRINKING AND PUTTING OTHERS ON THE ROAD AT RISK......

I GUESS WATCHING THAT MOVIE DELIVERANCE DID SOMETHING TO YOU AND YOU WAS HAVING FLASHBACKS!!

POINT 0.05 IS THE LEGAL LIMIT.....YOU SAID YOU BLEW A .155. WITCH LEADS ME TO BELIEVE YOU WAS 3 TIMES OVER THE LEGAL LIMIT.

SO CHRIS I SUGEST YOU GROW UP AND GO TO *AAA* AND GET SOME HELP..DRINKING AND DRIVING IS NOT SAFE AT ALL..............I CANT BELIEVE YOU POST THIS YOU MADE YOUR SELF LOOK REALLY BAD....

DELIVERANCE IS YOUR FAVORITY MOVIE.....
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC