Complaint Review: Private Workout

• Updated: Tue, December 18, 2012

• Reported By: Glynrn — Dallas Texas United States of America
Private Workout
5400 east mockingbird lane Dallas, Texas United States of America

Private Workout Rip off, false terms of agreement when signing up, poor customer service Dallas, Texas

I first heard of them via a living social voucher. I decided to give it a try. On the first appointment, they get try to pressure you to sign up for a "on this day only" special. The trainer, Rhea, told me that I was signing over my voucher to convert to a $50 sign up fee that was discounted from $199. I signed up for their 100 plan ( complete 100 workouts). This was all FALSE. As per contract, it states that anything told verbally is void. The $50 is not the sign up fee at all. The contract states that the sign up fee of $199 is LOANED to you until the 100 workouts are completed. After 3 months, I was relocated for work and needed to cancel because I didn't know when I was returning to Dallas. The customer service lien is a head trainer who doesn't know anything about or any details about canceling. He just instructs you to email or fill out a form online. I did that and I was charged the $199 regardless of me moving. I had to fill out and mail via certified mail an "appeal form". A week later, I was told that they would not refund the fee. I moved to a small town in Colorado and they are only In Texas, the Dallas area. Read the contract carefully. They word it for their benefit only and they are not helpful at all. I would not recommend them to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2012 11:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Private-Workout/Dallas-Texas-75206/Private-Workout-Rip-off-false-terms-of-agreement-when-signing-up-poor-customer-service-984162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Private Workout