Alexander

• Submitted: Fri, September 03, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, September 03, 2004

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
Pro Alert
4600 S. Mill Ave Suite 240 Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Pro Alert contracted on our home horrible ripoff experience extorting people to keep their business Tempe Arizona

We purchased our home in October of 2004. Pro Alert was contracted on our home. They bullied the sellers into thinking they had to write in the sale of the home that the new owners would have to take over the ownership of the contract. My husband and I were okay with this for the insurance discount would be worth the monthly fees.

Then after closing on the house we contacted Pro Alert to take ownership of the contract. After leaving many messages, we finally were able to set an appointment.

After my husband took a day off of work to meet the person at the house, the person did not show up for the appointment.

Finally we were able to meet, when we were informed that we had to pay $129 to change the names. So we paid. The gentleman did not have the correct Police Reporting information, so he told us he would drop it by. It took him a week to do this. We never filled it out or sent it in, because there are no directions for a consumer to do so. (I later found out from ADT that the company has to send in the police card). Meanwhile between November 1, 2003- March 15, 2004 we had on average 1 call per week stating that our alarm was going off.

We never once since occupying that house set the alarm. When we told Mr. Lee Cox this he told us we would get charged for every false alarm because we did not turn in our police card, even after we explained that we had never used the system. My husband at that time asked to cancel the contract.

After much and I mean much arguing and screaming Mr. Cox agreed to cancel the contract for a one time $149 fee, and a letter requesting the cancellation. We graciously accepted just to get rid of the headache. He set up an appointment on March 19th to remove the system. I was home all day and no Pro Alert to remove appeared. I had already contacted ADT to install their equipment. They came the very next day and volunteered to remove Pro Alert system (Which is still sitting in my living room closet 9-3-04) We called Pro Alert to come get the equipment, they never returned the calls.

So we figured "okay were done". Not so, yesterday Pro Alert's billing company debited the monthly fee out of our checking account. When I spoke with the billing company this morning they stated that on 3-15 Pro Alert recieved a request to cancel contract. But instead of doing this they just used the $149 to pay of the contract. Never canceling it.

So when I called Pro Alert today I was so happy that a Mr. Lee Cox answered the phone. He stated that it was their fault for not canceling the contract, but it was our fault that they did not have the equipment and the account can't be closed until the equipment is returned. I explained about the missed appointment to take the equipment, blah, blah. I asked to speak with the president of the company, and was told I couldn't. I asked for the name of the president of the company so that I could write a letter, initially Mr. Cox again refused to give me the information, only after stating that I would not use his name in a derogatorry manner then, he gave me the name of Matt Willis. I don't even believe that this person exists....

In the end it will take 60 days to get my money back. He did agree to take care of any charges if any checks were to bounce. But this company is a complete shame, unorganized, unfriendly and really is extorting people to keep their business.

Lisa
Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2004 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pro-Alert/Tempe-Arizona-82882/Pro-Alert-contracted-on-our-home-horrible-ripoff-experience-extorting-people-to-keep-their-106830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pro Alert