Complaint Review: Pro Comp Tires

• Updated: Thu, October 28, 2010

• Reported By: Dan — Keller Texas United States of America
Pro Comp Tires
801 W Artesia Compton,, California United States of America

Pro Comp Tires 4Wheel Parts Does Not Honor Thier Tire Warranty Compton, California

I had been a customer of 4WP/ProComp (same company) for 9 years.

Purshased a set of 35/12.50R15 A/T ProComps with the advertised 50k mile warranty and got 22K miles out of them before they wore out.  Took them to the local 4WP last year with concerns about the tire ware (the wear bars were touching in places) and I was summarily dismissed with a balance/rotation.  Then when I came back I was told they were too worn out to warranty!!!  I don't quite know what that means but I was grilled by ProComp Corp. about my trucks condition, alignment, inflation, etc, as I attempted to get them to honor the warranty.  As I explained to them that I 'busted' tires at a Shell station for 6 years through highschool and college; and knew the proper inflation of the tires and mechanical condition of my Blazer... it didn't seem to make any difference.  I was hitting a brick wall and told there was noting more they could do because they discontinued the 35/12. [continued below]....

.....50R15 A/T Pro Comps!

After weeks of frustration I went to (((competitor's name redacted))) to see what they could do.  After explaining the situation, they did not even look at my Blazer and put brand new BFG A/T 35/12.50R15 on my rig for half price!!!  ProComp just lost a 9 year customer and (((redacted))) just gained a life long customer!  See photos... btw I've run them betwwen 25psi to 28psi since purchased.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2010 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pro-Comp-Tires/Compton-California-90221/Pro-Comp-Tires-4Wheel-Parts-Does-Not-Honor-Thier-Tire-Warranty-Compton-California-656285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pro Comp Tires