Complaint Review: Pro Lube

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: smoke — round lake park Illinois United States of America
Pro Lube
617 hwy 60 poynette, Wisconsin United States of America

Pro Lube On 2-5-2013 my work truck broke down so I had towed Pro Lube they gave me an estimate in writing I told them to fix then they said the found more damage he told me $500 more when I picked truck up it poynette, Wisconsin

On 2-5-2013 I had my Kenworth truck towed to Pro Lube in Poynette Wi were Jeff Wendt and another tec took a look at it. They found my problem and told me what I needed to have done I then asked for a estimated. he gave one in the amount of $652 parts and labor so I said ok fix it. when the started they found more damage and said they could not fix without fixing it all. I then asked how much more he told me about $400 to $500 more for the part I told him to fix it.  So you have the original estimate of $652 plus the $500 part plus $200 more in labor that comes to $1352 plus tax. well I come in to pick my truck up that following monday and they gave me a bill for $1922.67. I asked why so much and the clerk said she did not know Jeff was not there. so I had her get him on the phone he told me he never quoted me $500 more because he never new what that price would cost .my mistake was that I did not get the second estimate in writing and he use that against me. so I ask him when he found out that the part was that much why didn't he call me. he stated it would need it to run anyway I said well give me the option to take it elsewhere. he then said he could take it all out and i could do that but he is charging labor so it was a loose loose situation for me and I would have had to pay for another tow. my problem is he ran the bill up when he realized i did not have the new estimate and that is wrong. maybe I would have taken it 5 miles down the road to the Kenworth Dealer at lease I would have the warranty in every state I travel crooks like this need to be stopped

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pro-Lube/poynette-Wisconsin-/Pro-Lube-On-2-5-2013-my-work-truck-broke-down-so-I-had-towed-Pro-Lube-they-gave-me-an-est-1016954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pro Lube