Complaint Review: Pro Model Talent - Barbizon IMTA

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2007

• Reported By:Salem Ohio
Pro Model Talent - Barbizon IMTA
3296 W Market St Suite A Akron, Ohio U.S.A.

Pro Model Talent - Barbizon IMTA Lying and stealing money! Promising things and taking thousands of dollars from me! Akron Ohio

When I was fourteen this agency contacted me for modeling. (I'm 19 years old now.) They spoke with my parents and assured them everything was fine. So my parents paid quite a bit of money for me to go to their modeling school in Akron. After about five weeks into classes they had us audition for IMTA that was to be held at the Westing Bonaventure hotel in Los Angeles, California.

I got into IMTA and they once more convinced my parents to pay the money for me to go. If I remember correctly almost $5,000. I'm not sure between the classes and all the photos I was required to purchase and IMTA how much we exactly spent, but I'm sure my dad could dig up the information if anyone wanted it. I was fourteen at the time so I didn't know, but my dad did keep everything that came from them.

I would say roughly, give or take, we spent a total of $7-9,000. They promised to market me and pass out my comp cards to clients of theirs. I never once got a call to go on a job, but even now that I might be doing some modeling for another place, and I'm not paying hardly anything (only for my pictures to be updated). So it seems unbelievable that all these clients they supposedly had that not even one contacted me for a job. In fact I don't think any of the girls I was in class did either.

I'm very upset and disappointed about all this. I had my hopes built up at that young of an age to be crushed. And my parents lost thousands of dollars that we sure could use right now.

I think something needs to be done about this and I think they should be made to pay back us girls for STEALING our money. They need to answer for this and I'm willing to help out any way I can. (I'd also like my money back for my parents too.)

Nicolette
Salem, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2007 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pro-Model-Talent-Barbizon-IMTA/Akron-Ohio-44333/Pro-Model-Talent-Barbizon-IMTA-Lying-and-stealing-money-Promising-things-and-taking-tho-288739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pro Model Talent - Barbizon IMTA