Complaint Review: Pro Quo Books

• Submitted: Thu, January 22, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 16, 2009

• Reported By:sharonville Ohio
Pro Quo Books
1401 Severn St / PO Box 27006 Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Proquo Books Pro Quo Books Book Dealer who doesn't send books to people who buy from them. Baltimore Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: Business Model of this company and many others on Amazon, Half.com, etc.

I bought a book from Pro Quo books on amazon.com. I bought the book on friday evening. The next morning, I received an email saying,
"your order has been pulled and shipped via standard mail, it could take anywhere from 4-14 days. In rare instances items may take up to 21 business days to arrive."

I found it odd that the company had pulled my order so fast, and even on a saturday. I thought that this company must really be good at what they do. After 10 days, I sent the company an email asking if I could track my package somehow. I never received a response.

After 15 days I figured I would email the company again, and received a response back. They said,
"Your order was shipped out on January 3 via USPS Media Mail. USPS standard mail usually takes 4-14 business days (M-F) to arrive, but can in some instances take as long as 21 business days (M-F) due to delays at the post office. Please let us know if your order does not arrive within 21 business days. There is no trackign for this order.

Warm Regards,

International/Proquobooks"

Not only have I never heard of "Media mail", but also they spelled "tracking" wrong. It's been over 21 days now, and have given up hope of ever receiving my order from them. So I went on google and found out 3 other people had been "ripped off" by this company. They say they are an international book company, located in Maryland. So this order should not have taken that long. I think they emphasize international so people think the shipping will take a while. I've ordered books from amazon all the time, and they usually take less than a week to get to me, even using "snail mail." DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I will try to contact amazon and let them know my situation.

Timmy
sharonville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2009 09:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pro-Quo-Books/Baltimore-Maryland-21230/Proquo-Books-Pro-Quo-Books-Book-Dealer-who-doesnt-send-books-to-people-who-buy-from-them-415118. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pro Quo Books

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Business Model of this company and many others on Amazon, Half.com, etc.

AUTHOR: Austinstorm - (U.S.A.)

This falls under the header of "Any other useful information which you believe an interested reader needs to know about the person or business described in the report."

This business would be a drop shipper. They list the book at a much higher price than they could buy it for somewhere else online. When you buy it they tell you it's "shipped", then go out and find it for much cheaper somewhere online. They order it and have it sent directly to you. Obviously there are a number of things that can go wrong. They could have trouble finding the book, the person they buy it from may not have sent it, or could have sent it to the wrong address.

But the biggest lesson for the consumer is to shop around. You were definitely paying waaay too much money for whatever you bought.