recommendations

• Updated: Sat, July 27, 2013

• Reported By: Not happy — lewisville Texas
Pro Tow Lewisville Texas
1006 e Main St lewisville, Texas USA

Pro Tow Lewisville Texas stole my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lewisville Texas

*Consumer Comment: Recover Damages Caused from Towing

*General Comment: Sorry to hear but...

On Sunday July 21st I came out side to go to work a seen that my car was gone so I called the Lewisville police station to see if they knew of anything on my car I spoke to a officer and they told me they had no information on my car getting repo or towed so they came to my apartment to file a stolen car report. I contacted my apartment to tell them that my car was stolen and my manager of the apartment was helpful and did not know anything about my car. I took of two days of work and had to cancel my credit cards and call SS cause my purse was left in my car. On Tuesday the 23rd my manger from the apartment called me and said the tow company had my car and that they did not know anything about this nor police did not know as well I asked them why they did not call the apartment or police they did not know why I contacted police to let them know of this. That night I went to pick my car up and spoke to them why they did not contact the police or apartment and why did they pick my car up they did not have a reason but they got a phone call from my apartment manager at 245 am that it was in a fire zone that was wrong they did not get a call I have all the proof to prove that a letter from my apartment and police they gave my car back at no charge but when I got it back there is a hole in the back of it and also I would like justice on this I missed two days of work no pay had to get a rental through my insurance and call ss worried sick that my car was stolen I would like help on this and please help me

I have all letters from my insurance company my apartment and police stating no one knew of this

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pro-Tow-Lewisville-Texas/lewisville-Texas/Pro-Tow-Lewisville-Texas-stole-my-car-lewisville-Texas-1070562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pro Tow Lewisville Texas

Recover Damages Caused from Towing

AUTHOR: Texas Towing Compliance - ()

Even if the towing company released your vehicle for free, your still entitled to the civil penality for the apartment complex and the towing company, for violating any section of the Texas Towing Law.  It's at this time, after filing a civil suit in Justice Court can you recover the damages done to your vehicle.

Texas Occupations Code 2308.404 (b) states: A vehicle owner or operator is not required to prove negilence of a parking facility, towing company or booting company to recover damages.

That being said, I urge you to pay for a Justice Court Civil Suit filing and recover no less than a $1000..

You don't need an attorney to fight this.

#2 General Comment

Sorry to hear but...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Sorry to hear this but they work on good faith. If they tell you the apt manager called, then there is a good chance that happend. It could have also been a fellow resident. Do you have neighbor issues? If you do, I would look directly at them about this. The tow truck drivers are kept very very busy. They get very little downtime. They often have to take thier rig home with them in case someone calls while they are away from work. They really dont have the time to sit there and "fake" tow a vehicle. Now there ARE some really shady tow companies out there that would do exactly that. But in this case, you were not ripped off. Yes they towed your car, because they were TOLD to by either the apt manager or someone claiming to be the manager. As most of these tow companies have caller ID, you could request the phone number of the individual who placed the call. Go after them, not a company just doing business as usual. As for the damage to your vehicle, yes they ARE liable, but you have to prove in court that THEY did the damages. At that point its your word against the tow company. The judge wont rule on something that is a he said/she said issue. ESPECIALLY IF THERE IS NO PROOF!