Complaint Review: ProFlowers.com

• Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: Wlester67 — Chanhassen Minnesota United States of America
ProFlowers.com

ProFlowers.com Added expensive vase to order without my consent Internet

*Author of original report: My apologies

*Consumer Comment: The same thing happened to me

*Consumer Comment: ProFlowers comment

*UPDATE Employee: We're sorry you had trouble ordering

I ordered a "Tender Hugs & Kisses with Chocolates" flower arrangement to be shipped to my wife on Valentine's Day. The order was $19.99 that I got from ValuPak coupons I had gotten in the mail.

I ordered the item, and when I checked out, I saw on the summary that an "Elegant Ruby Red Vase" had been added to my order. This added an extra $12.99 to my order. I had ordered it on February 9, 2013 and very convenient for ProFlowers, they state that any order after February 8, 2013 for Valentines Day cannot be modified.

I feel that this was just a sneaky way to get an extra $12.99 out of customers who ordered after February 8th. It isn't going to put me in the poor house, but I felt like I was taken advantage of.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2013 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ProFlowerscom/internet/ProFlowerscom-Added-expensive-vase-to-order-without-my-consent-Internet-1011396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ProFlowers.com

My apologies

AUTHOR: Wlester67 - ()

When I placed the order with proflowers.com and saw the vase was added, I admit that I flew off the handle a bit. At the time I had ordered the flowers, the order confirmation said that I couldn't make any changes, so I assumed that I was being ripped off.

I e-mailed proflowers.com and told them that I didn't want the more expensive vase, and they were able to change the order at the last minute.

I am sorry that I had written the original complaint. I wrote it right after I ordered and saw the more expensive vase was added. My apologies to proflowers.com. I hope this can set the record straight.

The same thing happened to me

AUTHOR: Kevin Smith - ()

The same thing happened to me yesterday. An expensive vase had been added to my order without my authorization. I did notice the vase in the order summary before the order was submitted, so I was able to cancel it. I am sure that I did not click on anything authorizing this vase.

ProFlowers comment

AUTHOR: Ruby - (USA)

I had gone through ProFlowers to order a bouquet and the order was sent through Wesley Berry Flowers. I was told how much it would cost, and there was a $20 off banner at the top of the page. What they neglect to say ANYWHERE on the site, is that the $20 was already (supposedly) taken off. So you are led to believe you get the $20 off the prices posted. It's a common scam to raise the price $20 then take it off.

Their customer service was horrible. Very rude and S-L-O-W. So I ended up paying nearly $80 for a $56 dollar item by the time they added in their little "fees" that weren't posted either. Slow to respond and when they did, they were very off-putting. Now I can cross ProFlowers off my list of people to buy flowers from. Next time I will use a local florist in the town I'm sending flowers to. Cuts out the middle man, and the flowers are just as good, and less expensive.

We're sorry you had trouble ordering

AUTHOR: ProFlowers - (USA)

We're sorry you had difficulty with the order process.

However, there is no way that the vase can be added to your order without your consent.  The vase selection is done on the same page you select a date.  It is possible that you inadvertently hit the radio button to select that vase when trying to select another one or that your browser settings highlight the first radio button in a sequence and you did not deselect the vase before proceeding to the next page.  But, even if you had accidentally added an unwanted vase to your order, the entire order is recapped on the final page of the order process, with an itemized listing of all the charges on the order.  At that point, you could have edited the order to remove the unwanted vase or replaced it with a less expensive one.   Under no circumstances will anything be added to an order after you have had a chance to review the order and clicked the "Confirm Order" button.

The reason why orders cannot be modified after the 8th is because of the sheer volume of orders being delivered for the holiday.  The labels and packing slips for orders are printed well in advance to avoid any possible problems.  Since nearly all the orders for the 14th are shipped between the 12th &13th, there would be tremendous strain on material assets like printers if they were done at the last minute.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but rest assured at no time are we ever attempting to cheat our customers or overcharge them.  However, if you have further questions or concerns, please contact me at cssocial@providecommerce.com

-Steve