Complaint Review: Proactiv Solution

• Submitted: Fri, January 07, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, October 25, 2010

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
Proactiv Solution
Proactiv Solution, P.O. Box 11448 Des Moines, Iowa U.S.A.

Proactiv Solution ripoff They are playing tricks on their wicked website to make you pay more than what you really want to pay for a one-time shopping. Des Moines Iowa

*Consumer Comment: Proactic Employess doing their best ... to make it the consumers fault.

*General Comment: Oh Yes , Proactiv IS a ripoff!

*Consumer Comment: That is exactly right

*Consumer Suggestion: Proactiv is not a ripoff!

I ordered a one time purchase of Proactiv in October, 2004 for my friend who was in China and wanted to try Proactiv for her acne problem. At no time did I sign up for a membership or have awareness of an ongoing additional purchases.

In December, 2004, I received a second package of Proactiv which I was not aware of ordering and an unauthorized charge of $45.9 was posted to my credit card by Proactiv. I called the customer service and they stated that whether I knew it or not, I became a member when I ordered the initial product.

As I later went through the website again,I finally noticed the recurring charge was mentioned in tiny words in a block like product description without even an option for us to choose to do a one time shopping or shop on a recurring basis.

I returned the unwanted second delivery but they didn't return the shipping&handling to me.

Consequently, I called my credit card company to report a fraudulent charge (Discover). The credit card company was great to work with and credited the money back to me.

Anyway, Proactiv is a ripoff. I was charged over 90 bucks when I ordered back in Oct for a one time product for 45.90 . They are playing tricks on their wicked website to make you pay more than what you really want to pay for a one-time shopping. Watch out!!!

Ken
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2005 10:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Proactiv-Solution/Des-Moines-Iowa-50336-1448/Proactiv-Solution-ripoff-They-are-playing-tricks-on-their-wicked-website-to-make-you-pay-m-126421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Proactiv Solution

Proactic Employess doing their best ... to make it the consumers fault.

AUTHOR: Joyce - (United States of America)

"Laura" has showed up on other sites spewing this same drivel about how well the process worked for her and how easy it was to cancel. She then blames the consumer for not reading the website. The wording in everyone of her posts is the same. I firmly believe she is an employee of Proactive once again doing her best to blame the consumer.

#2 General Comment

Oh Yes , Proactiv IS a ripoff!

AUTHOR: Never again - (U.S.A.)

First of all if you read the ingredients on the back of all those bottles, they are all the SAME THING!  Different bottle, different useage, but the same d**n thing!  Yes they have deceptive practices on their web site.  I found out that to my horror, I HADN'T purchased a one time shipment to see if it worked, I had actually allowed them continuous and unimpeded access to my card to withdraw money any time they d**n well pleased.  They sneak the charges in, in small amounts, so that you won't notice a huge charge.  Then when they are fully funded they send out MORE hogwash they claim is acne medicine.  By then it's too late, they have already got your money for stuff you never authorized.  This stuff DOES NOT WORK!

That is exactly right

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

It is your responsibility toread the information so you know where your money is going and what your buying it tells you on thier website, on the infomercial, and the customer service line that it is continuous shipments. You can call customer service and cancel anytime after the initial shipment or they can even take your credit card of the account and bill you directly if you want more control of when the payment is made.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Proactiv is not a ripoff!

AUTHOR: Laura - (U.S.A.)

I ordered Proactiv and intended for it to be a one time purchase. The website clearly stated that after the initial purchase I would be sent new product every 2 months (or however often I chose) and the credit card number I provided would be billed. I didn't want my card to be billed since I provided a debit card number and couldn't predict how much money I would have in my account every 2 months. I simply received my first order, and called to cancel my membership and the problem was solved. In the future if I decide to order again, I'll go through the same process. I only paid $45.90 one time for a GREAT product. Then again, I also took the time to thoroughly read the whole website and completely and completely understand all the terms and agreements. Maybe in the future you should try the same. Everything is clearly stated in black and white on the "evil" website.

P.S. the website said I would receive my order in 1-2 weeks and I got in 2 days. d**n this awful website!! :-)