Complaint Review: Prodermagenix

• Updated: Fri, June 28, 2013

• Reported By: Oklahoma
Prodermagenix
244 5th Avenue Suite 1814 New York City, New York USA

Prodermagenix Offered free gift for S&H cost of $4.49. Then charged $139 because I didn't cancel within 20 days, but I didn't know I had to. New York City New York

*General Comment: Sorry

I was ordering medication from the VA website on 5/28/2013 and was told I could choose a free gift if I would pay the shipping and handling charge of $4.49 and take a survey.  I received the free gift with no other information.  I received a phone call the week of 6/17/2013 wanting to know if I wanted to order more products.  I could barely understand anything they were saying and asked to speak to a supervisor who repeated what the sales person said.  I told the supevisor that I did not want to buy anything.  Then I received my credit card statement and found out I was be charged the $4.49 for S&H and also being charged $139.95.  I contacted them and they refused to give me a refund, but they tried to sell me another product for $79.  I informed them I didn't want to buy anything else and that I wanted the $139 charge removed.  They could not do this because I went over the 20 trial period that I didn't know I had.  As of 6/28/2013 my account closed and I told them not to contact me with any other offers.  Beware of this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2013 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prodermagenix/New-York-City-New-York/Prodermagenix-Offered-free-gift-for-SH-cost-of-449-Then-charged-139-because-I-didn-1062854. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prodermagenix

#1 General Comment

Sorry

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

But it is a common mistake comsumers make. They expect something for nothing. The real world doesnt work that way. The only things free are Air,Sunlight, and death. There is no "Free Lunch". Im 100% sure that if you dug around on the website you will find a small section that EXACTLY outlines what you need to do in order to NOT be charged. Now is what they are doing slightly shady?? Maybe. But they count on the fact that the consumer WILL NOT READ!! You found something that appealed to you but neglected to go any further with your own reaserch. Companies will no longer accept "Ignorance" as an excuse anymore. The internet has been around for quite awhile. It is your resposability to know what youre getting yourself into.

You did the best thing you could do. Request a refund. They told you WHY they couldnt give it. So you cancelled your card/account. Consider this a lesson learned and move on. In the future PROTECT yourself.

And remember that there is NOTHING THAT IS FREE ANYMORE!!! "Free" is just to catch your eye and make you look at their product. When dealing with the internet, "Free" doesnt exist. Even "Free Shipping" is not free. It costs time.