surely

• Submitted: Tue, April 05, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, April 13, 2005

• Reported By:Portsmouth Ohio
Product Research Panel
14545 J Military Trail, PO Box 361 Delray Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Product Research Panel has too many aliases to name... RIPOFF! Do I really need to even say what happened? Delray Beach Florida

*Author of original report: Laptop Received!!!!!

I am also one of the many that has been ripped off by this company named Product Research Panel a.k.a. too many aliases to name.

I completed the offer for the Dell Inspiron 1000 many months ago and have run into problems in every attempt to remedy this. I sent the voucher in numerous times and received no response until I found this site and started calling the various numbers on this site. I have only received a response from customer service twice.

The first time, someone named "Eddie" called me and told me that there was a computer problem and that they had actually received my voucher and I did qualify and the laptop would be sent out in three to four weeks. Eddie called and left a message on my machine, which I still have, saying it would be shipped in a few weeks and the company also e-mailed me stating the same.

I gave it six weeks to be safe. After not receiving it,I began calling and e-mailing again and did not get any response other than talking to the receptionist at the above number and who would take a message and tell me that someone would get back to me in three to five days.

After looking at this site, I decided to threaten filing a complaint against them and once again called the office and gave a message saying that I was filing. Someone called me within three hours saying, again, computer problems and they were sorry, blah, blah, blah.

This time it was "Jimmy" I talked to. Jimmy told me he would get me a tracking number in a day or two and I should receive the laptop in one or two weeks at the latest. I told Jimmy that I wanted both phone and e-mail confirmation and he told me no problem. That was three weeks ago and I have yet to receive any phone or e-mail message and still have no laptop.

I decided to file a complaint with the IFCC, Florida AG, and Palm Beach Consumer Protection. I also figured I should write my own rip off report to share my experience.

My experience is not unique, rather it is the same one you will see on this site from this company and its many aliases. So, as of right now I am waiting to see what happens with my complaints and to see if anything comes of them. I'm not counting on it, but we'll see.

Chad
Portsmouth, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2005 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Product-Research-Panel/Delray-Beach-Florida-33484/Product-Research-Panel-has-too-many-aliases-to-name-RIPOFF-Do-I-really-need-to-even-sa-137656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Product Research Panel

Laptop Received!!!!!

AUTHOR: Chad - (U.S.A.)

Well, after many months of non-response and lies, I finally received my Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop as promised to me. I was hesitant to belive that it was on its way after receiving a tracking number from UPS on April 8th, but yesterday, April 12th, 2005, I received the laptop!

I have to thank this site as well as those who post reports about this company for leading me in the right direction and helping me get the offer fulfilled. Without this site I would never have learned about the many aliases of PRP and never had a phone number that I could use to contact someone. As far as what worked in getting the company to fulfill the offer, being nice and patient and understanding in response to their customer service did not. The only thing that worked was filing a complaint with the Florida AG's office and the IFCC, as well as the Palm Beach Consumer Protection Agency that are listed in other reports. The only times I got a quick response with this company was when I first threatened to file, in which I got a call back within 3 hours, and when I actually filed, in which I received the laptop.
I filed my complaints on April 4th. I received my tracking number April 8th. I received my laptop on April 12th. I still haven't gotten a response from the company, only the tracking number from UPS and the laptop itself, but I really don't care now. File the complaints with these agencies, it worked for me after months of promises it would be here "within weeks." Also file a report on this site, the more reports the more help people will have.