Complaint Review: Product Test Panel

• Updated: Mon, September 05, 2005

• Reported By:Bakersfield California
Product Test Panel
www.producttestpanel.com Internet U.S.A.

Product Test Panel ripoff I follow what they asked me to do and they kept changing the requirments everytime I checked my status Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: About the Productestpanel.com rip off

*Consumer Suggestion: Scam haven't received anything to 'test'

*Consumer Comment: product test panel BIG RIP OFF

*Consumer Comment: Fighting back against on-line rip-offs!

*Consumer Comment: Product Test Panel the guys at Consumer Test Panel are cheaters

Product Test Panel. Once you sign up and start (buy products)they change the rules. I was told I had to buy/participate in two offers to receive a Dell Notebook computer. However, each time I would try to check the status it changed: I need three products, then it was 2 products in 3 different catagories to earn 6-8 points because now I need points to get the computer. They also block the site where you can't even check your status. You can only sign on as a new memeber. Don't get taken...

Vicki
Bakersfield, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2004 11:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Product-Test-Panel/internet/Product-Test-Panel-ripoff-I-follow-what-they-asked-me-to-do-and-they-kept-changing-the-req-106937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Product Test Panel

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

It has been a very long journey, but I can finally say I have completed the requirements to my Product Test Panel Apple iMac Mini Promotion. My experience with customer support has been unbelievable (I mean this in a good way). I got responses to my emails quires within hours, and they even extended my promotion deadline to fit around my moving schedule ( I moved homes in the middle of the promotion).

As of today, Aug 10, 2005, I printed out my Redemption Certificate and sent it to the head office (Consumer Research Corporation) for final processing.

I should be receiving, in about eight weeks, the Apple iMac Mini Promotion (containing the 20inch screen, mac mini, keyboard, and mouse) in addition to a Sony Vaio Notebook PC as a bonus gift (for completing 4 promotions the same day I signed up). Remember, I said SHOULD.

As I receive more information and updates on the progress of my order, I will post them to this page.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

About the Productestpanel.com rip off

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

More than likely, this is a scheme cooked up by very few people that just know how to build web sites and get links from other companies to get paid for referrals and is easy to do. The con is the promise to give expensive products for signing up over and over that they don't intend to give.
You cannot get them. They will just change names, websites and keep doing it. I noticed their pages change frequently. If you were ripped off then attack the businesses you signed up with. Send a BBB report and a letter to the consumer affairs or attorney general in their state. Note the alias names and give this link for them. It does not take much time. When the retailer or service gets bitten, then they will stop paying them. I had to do this to a bank one time who was working with a fraudulant internet company to setup hundreds of loans. I attacked the bank and it worked and the loan was cancelled and sent back to the rotten company.
Their business is to get paid for referrals. You NEVER get something for nothing and spammers tend not to be honest people. Goodluck!

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Scam haven't received anything to 'test'

AUTHOR: Constance - (U.S.A.)

I too was 'dragged' into this scheme. The frist page said to sign up for 2 offers to receive a free IBM notebook. So, I did that. Then when I went back to check the status, it said that I had to sign up for 1 offer PER page. Now, I could find something in the first 2 pages, but the 3rd page only had 2 offers. Sign up for Dish Network for a year or pay $400 to sign up with a company. Now, If I had the $400 to begin with, why would I be interested in a free lap top??? I sure wouldn't 'invest' it into a company I dont need anything with. Now, I can't even check my status AND haven't received anything to 'test' and the 90 days are just about up....

If we send in letters, either by snail mail or email, and call, we might be able to get things done. I personally feel this is misrepresented to make u think you could possibly get a free computer just to get people to buy the other company products. It's unfair and wrong. I know there are plenty of other people out there that have been 'taken' by this and just haven't found this website or somewhere else to tell their story. I'm sick and tired of myself and other people being used....

product test panel BIG RIP OFF

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

I fell victim to this scam and bought 2 products in one of the groups... I recieved them and felt this was safe because the were reputable companies like petcareRX and columbia house DVD.... then I find out that in order to get the laptop they promised I had to order 1 other thing from group 3. Only option in group 3 was purchase a 4 year contract with DISH networks... YEAH RIGHT!!!!

I think calling them multiple times a day and asking silly questions about the products is great or make them think you will send them lots of money...

Fighting back against on-line rip-offs!

AUTHOR: Walter - (U.S.A.)

I just received an on-line offer from "Product Test Panel" for a FREE 8 Megapixel Sony digital camera. I immediately googled to see what consumers thought of the so-called "offer" and came to find it is a major scam.

OK, so now I'm mad at being exposed to this crap, so I start doing some research. Go onto www.netsol.com and do a "whois" search on producttestpanel.com. You'll find their address as:

3830 Forest Drive, Suite 207
Columbia, SC 29204.
803-790-8381

I then also did a "whois" for subscriberbase.com and found another linked company called AdDrive.

The net-net is a whole wealth of info for us consumers to start "asking questions" of these perps. I say we bombard them with so many calls and emails that they won't know whether to s#it or go blind!

for those who want to call into a person, try that main number 803-790-8381 and use this directory guide I found on www.addrive.com -

Ashely Lackone X237
Brad DeFee X242
Nancy Margaret Jones X234.

For email, I think their email convention is first name @ subcriberbase.com or addrive.com

I say let's take the fight right back to them! If 50 or 100 (or ideally say 500+!) people started calling and emailing them for this or that, they'll likely pull chucks and shut down!

Power to the people! :-)

Best regards,

Product Test Panel the guys at Consumer Test Panel are cheaters

AUTHOR: Jobin - (U.S.A.)

Yup the guys at Consumer Test Panel are cheaters.
Dont get taken in by them.I just got mail from them and i read the other ripoff mentioned in this page.Read the agreement section in ur sign up
carefully.They can sent anything to ur house.to further test it just enter 00000 or 10000 as ur zip code.you can stil signup.ALso notice that they are not naming the the 3 products in the signuppage.the link there doesnt work.the agreement also says that all the logos they are displaying are just for namesake.the companys dont support them nor are they a part of it.