Complaint Review: Professional Career Development Institute

• Submitted: Wed, May 07, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 07, 2008

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
Professional Career Development Institute
Technical Drive Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Professional Career Development Institute They take advantage of those who cannot afford regular college classes Norcross Georgia

Professional Career Development Institute, now known as Ashland University should be ashamed of themselves. They take advantage of people, like me, who couldn't afford to go to a "regular" college, but needed more education to get better employment.

In 1991, I had a small son, low paying job, lived in a rural area but needed to further my educational opportunities in order to take care of my family . This correspondence course sounded like the perfect avenue to do that. I was so excited, I immediately enrolled in the Paralegal Studies program.

I finished the program in record time. But I was never given my diploma, and as God worked it out, I got a really good job with the State of Alabama, so I didn't get to use the Paralegal Studies.

As you can see, a lot of time has passed since then. Due to another opportunity which requires a copy of my certificate and transcripts, I called to request a copy of my transcripts and diploma, and I was told that not only did I not finish, I owe them $856.19....and if I pay that, they will give me my diploma and transcripts, even though they say they wrote this off as a bad debt in 1993.

I broke down in tears. This "so-called" debt NEVER appeared on my credit report. I didn't get ONE letter from them concerning this indebtedness, and now, all that can be cured with a payment of $856.19.

I was livid. I have been crying all day. My opportunity is gone because of this so called "university's" greed. I went so far as to contact one of my old neighbors in Alabama who I talked into doing this with me, and they experienced a similar thing. They did pay the "extra" money so they could get the diploma and transcripts. I am not doing that. I paid them to begin with and I am not paying again.

Stay away from them! It's not worth it.

Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2008 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Professional-Career-Development-Institute/Norcross-Georgia/Professional-Career-Development-Institute-They-take-advantage-of-those-who-cannot-afford-r-331259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Professional Career Development Institute