Complaint Review: Professional Fitness, BF Southeast, LLC

• Updated: Wed, January 13, 2010

• Reported By: Kelly in WNY — Amherst New York United States of America
Professional Fitness, BF Southeast, LLC
7413 Six Forks Road, #363 Raleigh, North Carolina United States of America

Professional Fitness, BF Southeast, LLC Misleading Sales Approach and Unacceptable Consumer Business Practices Raleigh, North Carolina

*Author of original report: It All Worked Out

I was recently asked by one of my gym's staff if I was interested in taking advantage of 3 free personal training sessions as a new member and I replied that I really don't need to take up that much time with anyone, that I've worked with personal trainers in the past and now just need an hour or so to refresh and make sure I'm using the equipment properly.  That's where the nightmare begins.  I didn't get anything free, I had an appointment with  Professional Fitness rep who did a really great job of sucking me into signing a contract on first meeting.  There weren't any initial training sessions.  I should have known better but it definitely dawned on me the next day when I rec'd no phone call from my 'personally assigned' trainer before going to the gym.  While I was there the following night I saw and approached the man who signed me up asking what I should be doing until my trainer contacts me.  He appeared to be very disorganized and struggling for an explanation while he looked around for an available trainer to match me with.   He disappeared and then eventually introduced me to a young man half my age.  Neither of them knew my name or why my goal is.  I definitely knew at that point this salesman did not listen to my health concerns or goals we discussed in our initial meeting.  Something just wasn't right about this so I sent a cancellation letter overnight registered mail in order to meet the 3 day midnight cancellation requirement on their contract.

Even though Professional Fitness signed for and acknowledged my cancellation, they charged my Check Card anyway.  That is just wrong.  I called Professional Fitness the same day the debit showed up in my checking account and left a message for "Anthony". I was told he handles the NY region.  He called back and said that he rec'd my cancellation notice and assured me that no further debits would occur (I expressed my concern with future unexpected mishaps).  He said that I would receive a refund and it could take up to 30 days.  He then called me back a few moments later to clarify that the refund would be via check and not electronic and I replied that it was fine, I just can't have unexpected issues with my checking account.

Then I read all of the complaints filed on the BBB site and RipOffReport.  My God.  Now I'm very nervous and have canceled my Credit Card. It hasn't been 30 days yet but something tells me this check is just NOT going to arrive.  I hate fighting.  Why can't they just take care of it and avoid the consequences??  I'm sure the NY State Attorney General has better things to do, so let's just avoid the next step and give me my money back please?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2009 11:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Professional-Fitness-BF-Southeast-LLC/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27615/Professional-Fitness-BF-Southeast-LLC-Misleading-Sales-Approach-and-Unacceptable-Consume-544811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Professional Fitness, BF Southeast, LLC

It All Worked Out

AUTHOR: Kelly in WNY - (United States of America)

I wanted to wait to make sure nothing happened with my account before posting this.  All is well- I received my sign-up/cancellation refund check 2 weeks  after I spoke with Anthony.  Thank you!