Complaint Review: Professional Fitness

• Submitted: Sat, September 29, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, September 29, 2012

• Reported By: Done being Ripped Off — Oakdale California United States of America
Professional Fitness
7413 Six Forks Rd #363 Raliegh NC 27615 Oakdale, California United States of America

Professional Fitness National Fitness Contract CONVERTS TO MONTH TO MONTH with 30-day Notice to Cancel Oakdale, California

I signed up for a 6-month personal trainer contract with Professional Fitness on February 21, 2012, at the Oakdale Gold's Gym which continues to be billed to my account under the name of National Fitness (A company I might add that is NOT listed on my contract nor do I see any transferrable language).

THIS WAS FOR 6 MONTHS ONLY. Now I am told it was converted to a month-to-month with a 30 day written notice for termination. I contacted the phone number on my credit card account after seeing an August charge when July was suppose to be the last only to have the person on the other side be rude to me. He did not have my account under my main phone number, he asked for my membership number from my key tag, still no information on me, then I gave him my cell phone number and he was finally able to locate my contract after the third try.

I was told to read the contract under Note to Auto-renewal where the language states it converts to a month to month. I will state this is not my initials because I do not remember initialing this section. AND if it is my initials I was lead astray because I specifically stated I only wanted six months and that I would not be billed more and I was told yes by the PT Manager. I only agreed to six months of training period and this was to get ready for my Sons wedding in June.

I attempted to send a cancellation letters via email or fax and was told it had to be certified mail. Sent written notice on August 29 to cancel my membership before I seek legal counsel for a contract that is being billed under a name different then who I originally signed the contract with and continues to be charged to my credit card. I am requesting that the August charge of $70 be credited to my account.

I disputed the charge with my credit card company and before they charge me for one more month.

Two weeks ago I spoke with one of the PT Managers and was told that I have 12 session remaining. I stopped working out in May due to an injury and just expected the PT training to run its course with the last charge being in July. OR I would have notified the company in May to cancel my contract in advance and understand that I would still have been charged through July which I had a contract for that I agreed to.

I planned to start wokring out again since I am being charged for sessions still. Today I was told that I cannot work out because I have a past due amount of $70. Even though I still have 12 training sessions that are paid for!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2012 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Professional-Fitness/Oakdale-California-95361/Professional-Fitness-National-Fitness-Contract-CONVERTS-TO-MONTH-TO-MONTH-with-30-day-Not-948383. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Professional Fitness