Complaint Review: Professional Fitness

• Updated: Mon, August 08, 2011

• Reported By: Rebecca — Arlington Massachusetts United States of America
Professional Fitness
7413 Six Forks Rd., #363 Raleigh, North Carolina United States of America

Professional Fitness Lied about contract, gave wrong phone #s, no-shows for training appointments Raleigh, North Carolina

I signed up with Professional Fitness in a Medford MA gym called Work Out World in February 2011.  The person who signed me up completely lied to me about the contract which I signed without reading (my bad).  He verbally told me that I could cancel the membership at ANY TIME by simply telling him and he would go cancel it.

I decided to cancel the membership after making appointments where NO ONE showed up to train me and there was NO sign of a company representative in the gym.  The phone #s I was given were bogus and thus I was unable to reach anyone.  A couple of weeks later I ran into Eric, the person who signed me up, explained my problem, requested cancellation of membership.  He said he would take care of it.  Well, he didn't.  My credit card was charged AGAIN for a membership I could not use!

I finally reached Eric to complain and he said that I had to follow the cancellation instructions on the back of the contract (which were completely different then what I was told at sign up).  I sent the certified letter that was required after having to cancel my credit card.  They returned a letter stating that I owed $1,326.00 to cancel the membership!  A membership that I could not use for weeks because no one showed up for fitness appointments or called me back!

Unlike one of the previous writers, I CAN afford a lawyer.  Having filed a claim with the attorney general's office, I will be seeking counsel on this matter as well as filing a report with the BBB (their rating is "F" with the Better Business Bureau!)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2011 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Professional-Fitness/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27615/Professional-Fitness-Lied-about-contract-gave-wrong-phone-s-no-shows-for-training-appo-762357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Professional Fitness