• Report: #920917

Professional Job Search
Bolder, Colorado United States of America

Professional Job Search Bolder Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Look at the source

I was contacted by a salesperson who found my resume on a job board and she convinced me that I needed to use a service to help me find a new job.  I signed up for the service, mid-tier for $2,975 which is to provide a list of 10 different services and at the level I paid for I was to get "a senior staff lead marketing director" but the guy's email tag indicated he was  only a "Personal Marketing Manager."  It took alot of time for him to understand my work experience and reflect that on the resume and even then it omitted a lot of my experience.  They promised "3 Outstanding resumes" when in fact they were all really the same, one just formatted to copy/paste neater. They promised "12 superior letters that cover common situations."  Most are standard templates that didn't apply to me and were not customized.  Their website is good but it's just a compilation of monster and other job boards all consolidated, they promised a "personal marketing website" which was nothing more than a link to a copy of my resume, which I couldn't modify and was never changed when my resume was modified and was never put on my resume so what's the point of it?

They promised to "place your credentials with your best prospects to get immediate market exposure" which was to include 50 recruiting firms (25 of which were to be regionally located) yet I never heard from one and when I asked who they were the rep said he couldn't tell me. They were supposed to help "set up a Linkin presence" which was nothing more than opening the account and copying my resume out to it which they forgot about doing until I asked.  Their "performance guarantee" states "if within 90 days from the time you launch your search you haven't developed an offer, notify us in writing, within a 2 week period. Upon request we will do a new marketing/action plan, redo your resumes, letters and website."  AND they claim this is necessary for less than 1% of all people meaning they claim to help find jobs for 99+% of their clients.  So I wrote to them at the address on the contract and no response.  I then forwarded the letter by email to the salesperson who convinced me I needed this service and no response.  Then I received an emailed with a link for a survey and no surprise I didn't have access to the system so I could fill it out and provide feedback. Biggest waste of $3K.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2012 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Professional-Job-Search/Bolder-Colorado-/Professional-Job-Search-Bolder-Colorado-920917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Professional Job Search

Look at the source

AUTHOR: Lydia McArthur - ()

Anyone that spells thier hometown of "Boulder" - "Bolder" should be suspect.

Call me if you have questions or thoughts about professional services or if you would like a free copy of our latest e-book...the most definitive resource on job hunting in today's unprecedneted market.

Also, if you are looking at engaging with any professional services organization - use the .orgs - BBB, State Attorney General's offices, to maximize consumer protections.

Best to you all in the job market.

Lydia McArthur