Complaint Review: Professional Movers

• Updated: Sun, March 31, 2013

• Reported By: Laurel — Madison Wisconsin
Professional Movers
7149 South Ferdinand Madison, Illinois United States of America

Professional Movers I was buillied and blackmailed into paying 2X the estimate for my move Madison, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Not so cheap

I found this company on line under cheap movers.  The indivivdual who gave me my estimate was informative. honest (or so I thought) . The orignal estimate of the move was 15308.00.
   When the Man arrived (who I found out latter was the owner) He was friendly and helpfull. The only thing that was not packed  was 3 closets and electronic equipment.  I had a friend there to help me finish packing.  I was told not to worry he was going to pack and take care of everything. He gave me a FINISHING TIME of 1:30p.m.
 He continually took smoking brakes in his truck this did not bother me as I was not paying by the hour at 3:30 he still had 2 bedrooms to do.  I needed to get on the road as I was moving out of state.
  It was then he started escalting charges, when I questioned the charges he would only yell and scream about his time and threaten to remove all my things from the truck.

I called the office and spoke to the gentekman who had given me the estimate and was assured there would be a solution. He told me there was more weight than he had estimated and the chard was going to escalte that I understood and I could pay by the same credit card I had already charged 1100.00 on

When the driver (owner) arrived at my moving destination He started hollering and yelling and demanding cash only saying the previous charge had not gone through even though I called the credit card co. and gave him an authorization number.. He yelled and became very itimadating and stated either I pay the amount in full then and there in CASH or my things were all going in storage.  The final bill was for over 2x the origianl estimate I had no choice but to pay him.  He had on his truck everything I owned and had worked very hard for. The move was completed only after He got his money in cash. It was a horrible and unfair experience  I have ever had.. I had been threated and forced to pay unexplained and unjust charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2013 09:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Professional-Movers/Madison-Illinois-60628/Professional-Movers-I-was-buillied-and-blackmailed-into-paying-2X-the-estimate-for-my-mov-1039441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Professional Movers

Not so cheap

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"I found this company on line under cheap movers... estimate of the move was 15308.00"

Didn't you think $15K was a bit excessive? Did you request a second estimate?