Complaint Review: Professional Social Networking Group

• Updated: Tue, July 31, 2012

• Reported By: Jeff — Boca Raton Florida United States of America
Professional Social Networking Group
Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Professional Social Networking Group Discrimination, threatened, Boca Raton, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Misleading Report

Jeff Tockman, founder/head of Professional Social Networking Group, discriminated against me.  I disclosed to him I had Aspergers (what I had at the time before I found out I have autism, anxiety, and personality disorders).  I told him to treat me appropriately, meaning if there is difficulty in communication due to my disability, to contact the medical professionals that are treating me.

He obviously disagreed with this.  He talked to me like a baby (in addition to talking to others that way).  I had it with him, blew him off and he threatened me, which I notified the police as I didn't feel safe.

In addition, I went to a meeting to plan the professional/social networking event before my first time I attended and he talked about how he was going to do so much for charity.  When I went there there was nothing done, and I complained to him about it and he was left speechless.  His charity spiel may be a hook line and sinker to get people to come, but from what I saw, he fails to do anything.

In addition, his professional/social networking events are very stodgy, unfun, and he brings little to the table to make them exciting.

Suggestion would be for others to no longer attend his professional/social networking group based on what he did to me and the fact that it seems he makes a big deal about helping charities at his events but he does nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2011 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Professional-Social-Networking-Group/Boca-Raton-Florida-/Professional-Social-Networking-Group-Discrimination-threatened-Boca-Raton-Florida-735799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Professional Social Networking Group

Misleading Report

AUTHOR: Phoenix - (United States of America)

This above report is very misleading.  I have been a member of the Professional Social Networking Group and attended meetings for over a year.

I will not comment on the personal interaction between the reporter and Jeff Tockman, I was not part of that situation although I will comment on the reputation of the group.

I have spoken with Jeff on many many occassions, and he has always taken the time to give me advice that has helped my business (his profession is business advice).  He grew his networking group from a handful of people to over 300+ in just a couple of months.

As for the accusation that his group does nothing to help charity?  How many meetings did you attend? I went for a full year and every time I was there they had charity tables set up with donations and information.  The Tri County Humane Society has been there on a few occasions, and my company even donated gift certificates to their raffles at the event so the accusation that PSNG does nothing for charity is unfounded and incorrect.   Jeff himself is a big proponent for Big Brothers and Big Sisters.

As for being stuffy and boring, I've been to many networking groups and find PSNG to be one of the better ones.  I've gotten more business leads and business from attending, as well as they are always free at great venues and even provide a free drink.

Whatever personal issues the above commentor has about Jeff is his personal business, but don't belittle the group and the people who attend without having enough experience.  I will be attending more meetings this month.